Message From Max Delmege

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
the following is a message Max Delmege put on his facebook page:

My very appreciated facebook friends...In 2002 we united together to save our mighty sea eagles football club from extinction...Now with the same passion we must once again show that the power of the voice of loyal manly supporters is heard in the saving of our leagues club..[ A club that we have celebrated many victories in ] The current board under the chairmanship of newcomer David Costello [ And by the way under his "P" Plate stweardship have lost $600,000 over the last twelve months ] This board wants to change the constitution put in place by manlys godfather Ken Arthurson [affectionately known as ARKO ] Simply this means the leagues club are no longer obliged to support [ the reason why they were formed ] our sucessful multi winning premiership football club...We must unite in force once again...All my facebook friends that are members of manly warringah leagues club should be in attendance tomorrow night [wednesday the 20th of feb at 6.30PM] to vote against these constituional changes that are one billion percent against why the leagues club was formed.....I look forward to shaking your hand tomorrow night

bones said:
the following is a message Max Delmege put on his facebook page:

My very appreciated facebook friends...In 2002 we united together to save our mighty sea eagles football club from extinction...Now with the same passion we must once again show that the power of the voice of loyal manly supporters is heard in the saving of our leagues club..[ A club that we have celebrated many victories in ] The current board under the chairmanship of newcomer David Costello [ And by the way under his "P" Plate stweardship have lost $600,000 over the last twelve months ] This board wants to change the constitution put in place by manlys godfather Ken Arthurson [affectionately known as ARKO ] Simply this means the leagues club are no longer obliged to support [ the reason why they were formed ] our sucessful multi winning premiership football club...We must unite in force once again...All my facebook friends that are members of manly warringah leagues club should be in attendance tomorrow night [wednesday the 20th of feb at 6.30PM] to vote against these constituional changes that are one billion percent against why the leagues club was formed.....I look forward to shaking your hand tomorrow night

I posted these changes were being put up a week ago .
I will be there to support you max. I was told today that Arko is not happy and is against the changes being proposed.

Is it being done to reduce the potential financial pressure on the club I.e to remove the pressure to contribute when they are not making money ?

Or is there more to it?

I wondered the same Isz. Under the current constitution are they obliged to give cash to the eagles even if they lose money?

lsz said:
Is it being done to reduce the potential financial pressure on the club I.e to remove the pressure to contribute when they are not making money ?

Or is there more to it?

I have checked my annual report and Costello gave nothing last year and I am told that there is nothing this year.
I am told the the changes will make it just another club and that the league in the leagues club will be in name only.
If this happens I will be off to the R S L club from now on as that they are sponsors of the sea eagles.

Garts said:
Thanks Vidmar. If that is the case the change makes no sense.

To stop the football influence in the leagues club.
Costello is not a football director but just a general member.
The club was set up to be controled by football members.
That is what he wants to change.
If the changes get through then the club can be run by the darts club or golf club. No more football links to the Sea eagles.

It's a crying shame that we don't have a vibrant leagues club on the whole north shore subsidising our football club. Disgraceful. That is a matter that should have been under our control.

Stadium funding is not under our control. The north shore deserves a state of the art stadium.

Sad state of affairs when we are getting shafted on two fronts, what is and what isn't under our control.

I have never posted a comment in the past regarding our football and leagues club arrangements and its petty politics, but geez, some people need to grasp the big picture and look after Manly's best long term interests.

This seems to me to be a pretty big attempted change.

Now I wish this is what we'd been talking about over the last few days.

Is there some sort of big ground swell of change wanting to happen here of is it just the GM with no hope of this vote succeeding?

Wow I have just attended one of the most fiery meetings i have ever seen.
Costello did not get through the changes at the leagues club.
I think over 100 football club members showed up and voted Costello's key changes down.
The meeting also voted against the rule change to keep Bob Reilly out of the club. That vote went 70| 30 against the leagues club board.
Reilly's wife was the star of the night giving it to zorba and Costello.
You could of sold tickets.
Delmege sibraa cliffy Williams vidmar all spoke. What a show of force.

Well Max D looked happy afterwards, and Zorba looked pissed off so yeah it was a good outcome.

My first AGM at the Leagues and worth the price of admission.

My mate, who attends all AGMs remarked that he has never seen an overflowing room.
I told him to be prepared, and it was worth the 2 and half hours of CEO Costello's dirge and the Scribes hysterical Penn name dropping recants :D I reckon it was 150+ crowd easy.

Mrs Reilly was understandably emotional, but the masses turned up and shot down 40-0 style the scurrilous Special Resolutions.
However, I did not see it as a Bob Reilly defence night, rather the Oz, Fair Go in full action.

Big Fat No to:
4.2 The Club shall be entitled to budget, allocate and disburse such funds as may be considered reasonable expenditure of Directors. These costs will include reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out Club related business, representing the Club at relevant events and professional development, including but not limited to, club industry conferences, meetings and training, as may be determined by the Board. All expenditure must be supported by documentary evidence.

Darryl Williams asked - isn't this the very thing you flicked Reilly for?
Got a huge round of applause from the Good guys in the back rows.

Big Fat No to:
FIRST SPECIAL RESOLUTION
That the Constitution of Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited be amended by:
(a) deleting Rule 51 and in its place inserting the following new Rule 51:
“51. (a) As and from the opening of nominations and the election of the Board prior to the Annual General Meeting in 2006 the Board of Directors shall be elected biennially (that is, for terms of two (2) years) by the general body of members at a ballot conducted in accordance with these Rules;
(b) Subject to this Rule 51 a minimum of two (2) of the seven (7) directors who are elected at each Biennial General Meeting shall be Life members of the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited

Vidmar pointed out that this distancing of the Football Club is contrary to the very existence of the MWSE Leagues Club. At present its 5 Life Members to 2 non football members.
Cheers from the Motley Crew in the back rows.

Big Fat No to:
SIXTH SPECIAL RESOLUTION
That the Constitution of Manly Warringah Rugby League Club Limited be amended by inserting the following new
Rule 42(j):
“(j) Any member who has been notified of a charge in accordance with this Rule 42 and who resigns from membership of the Club before the hearing of that charge shall not be admitted to membership of the
Club again
nor admitted as a visitor, guest of a member or temporary member of the Club.”

Darryl Williams asked if this should be named the Bob Reilly Resolutions?
Cheers from the Great Unwashed in the back rows.

Max Delmege also got flicked by Costello for asking why they sold the only asset they had for 7 million (total debt was 13.5 million) and now pay 600k pa in rent with the Premier Fitness another 500k pa in the 1st floor of the Club house?
When the NAB Loan servicing was less than that?????

Costello also mumbled that the State Licencing Body sees no issues to proceed with at present.
They are the ones who were called in by Costello to audit the alleged Bob Reilly misdemeanors.

A lovely old Gent got up about 3 times with some fairly pointed but non-contentious points. He stated that the Swimming pool area is a pigsty and we Ladies must not enter it as its an affront to our sensibilities. Who is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance?
Costello replied, we are just Tenants, I do not know who is responsible - WTF from the CEO :mad:

(My suggestion to the broken doors issue is to check in on the Son of Sam's whereabouts at the time of doors being pulled off hinges :p)

I do not know the purpose nor the future of Manly Leagues now.
The Football Club owns the Team Intellectual property and has the NRL Licence.
The Leagues Club will not be financially contributing to the Footy Club with a 6.5 million debt in our lifetime.
So apart from egocentric agendas - they appear anachronistic to me:-/

Lets Play /Talk only Footy from now on :angel:

HappilyManly said:
My first AGM at the Leagues and worth the price of admission

(My suggestion to the broken doors issue is to check in on the Son of Sam's whereabouts at the time of doors being pulled off hinges :p)
Triple like that line HM.:D
Great write up. Williams sounds like a sharp shooter and got some good points across.
Well done to all the members that turned up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6