Michael Hagan axes Luke Burt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Michael Hagan axes Luke Burt

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24031009-5006066,00.html

FRUSTRATED Parramatta coach Michael Hagan has dropped a selection bombshell by secretly dumping fullback Luke Burt for tomorrow night's bumper match against Manly at Brookvale Oval.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Burt - the NRL's leading pointscorer - is expected to play for feeder club Wentworthville this weekend with NSW's Jarryd Hayne named the new Eels fullback.

Rookie Tony Williams - who has ironically signed with Manly for next season - has been promoted to the wing with centre Krisnan Inu the new goalkicker.

Burt's form has been modest in recent weeks, Hagan showing he is losing patience with his under-achieving side.

Hagan was reluctant to confirm the story last night, but did say: "I am considering some changes."

Manly's coaching staff is aware of Burt's sacking for a match Parramatta must win to retain their hopes of reaching the NRL finals.

Burt, who has scored 131 points this season through seven tries, 51 goals and one field goal, was not answering his phone last night.

A frustrated Hayne claimed just last week he wanted to approach Hagan about shifting from the wing.

The NSW winger said he wanted to return to fullback, a position he played last season when Burt was out with a knee injury.

"I don't want to be on the wing," Hayne told The Daily Telegraph.

"I couldn't do anything out there. I will have to have a talk to 'Hages' and see what he can come up with to get me off the wing."

Parramatta have been the competition's great disappointments after coming within one game of the grand final last season.

The Eels have lacked consistency and remain outside the top eight.

On current form, even if Parramatta sneak into the finals, they would be fodder for the NRL's powerhouse clubs.

Brilliant Eels five-eighth Feleti Mateo is out of the Brookvale Oval match with a knee injury.

Scans revealed a minor medial ligament strain and he is expected back in round 20.

So much for keeping it a secret, at least we will get a first hand look at Williams - hope he doesn't go too well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6