Mid Season Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you think the NRL is becoming too much like professional American sports with all these mid-season signings and tradings? The NBA is more like a business these days than a sport with all their mid-season trades and zero loyalty. Do you think all this mid-season stuff in the NRL is a good thing?

As a spectator it's definately not a good thing.

The only thing it is good for in the players to bulk up pay cheques.

Sometimes I wish their was no money involved and all players stayed at the one club unless they were told to hook it. I realise it would never happen though.

What would you do if you were offered another job which involved doing exactly the same thing as you do now but with an extra $50K in your pocket?? I know what I would do - Bye Bye Boss hello Cash!!

What would you do if you were offered another job which involved doing exactly the same thing as you do now but with an extra $50K in your pocket?? I know what I would do - Bye Bye Boss hello Cash!!

I'd just be happy I was playing footy for a career full stop.

I don't have a problem with teams and players announcing their signings mid season. Infact as a fan I love hearing mid season that we will pick up such and such for next year.

However I do have a problem with players leaving their club mid season and joining up with another.

I feel it really isn't that big a problem in the NRL. I can only think of a handful of players who have done it and none of them are names of which could ruin a sports reputation.

If it becomes an often occurrence and teams are switching and swapping players mid season to boost their chances than it would be sad to see.

In the modern day of the salary cap that isn't going to happen to often so I'd say we are pretty safe.

A career that, if you are lucky lasts maybe 10 years, but in all likleihood only 5 or 6 years.

Sadly loyalty as little to do with NRL these days and as the managers say "show me the money"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4