Million dollar baby

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan said:
One thing that pisses me off, is every player coming off contract at Manly threatens through their manager. How many times has DCE publicly been linked through his manager to The Bronco's, and wanted upgraded contracts mid term?

They kind of hold the club over a barrel.

Now it's, "we'll all defect if Glenn Stewart isn't signed".

I mean, come on.
Your right Ryan, even today another article of the Stewart brothers with there managers in the public eye........ The club is bigger then any of these players, they all say they want to stay together but all want top dollar. DCE is another prime example, talking about how close knit group they are but expects upgrade on upgrade....... Well over it, either take what we can offer and be happy with it or on your bike.......... Remember there used to be a guy from the tigers, benji some one? The game moves on and there is always a kid around the corner wanting his shot.

The player's managers, and the players themselves should read the following sentence 100 times, before going home:
No One player, manager, agent is indispensable. Everyone is replaceable.

Only 2 or 3 MWSE players could be described as "irreplaceable footballers". And this would only hold when they are in form and playing their best footy.

Well said c eagle, the game moves on, even the rules change, altering the style of play and the relevance of individual players. The 2014 game has sped up somewhat, and we now require FAST hookers, mobile forwards, who can pass, run, do everything at NRL standard for 65 mins.
MWSE is a business as well as a club. The tension between feelings of loyalty and the current and future health of the business are at the forefront.

Does this mean Gifty, Choc and King should go ?, Snake ? Killer ?
The NRL have to allow some flexibility on 'player valuations' SURELY ?

Also, guys like Steve Menzies (true legend of the game) will have a legacy that will live forever. He could have played for The Eels, on much, much more coin, but just couldn't leave our nest.

What's the result of that?

It's now post football time for the classy individual, and the club, the area, and the people on the Northern Beaches have, are, and will continue to look after and support him in whatever endeavors he chooses. THAT'S what loyalty does, and how it's rewarded.

You guys should read his book. It's a great read. Players like him are a rare breed these days. I never remember a contract dispute with him. We have a few players who COULD be that. They just need some humility, and think long term.

Gift COULD go to The Raiders or Dogs (and be lost like Orford & T-Rex). He could stick around by whatever means, and post footy, when those club swappers are desperate for a job, Gift would be looked after by our region, much like Beaver.

c eagle said:
Ryan said:
One thing that pisses me off, is every player coming off contract at Manly threatens through their manager. How many times has DCE publicly been linked through his manager to The Bronco's, and wanted upgraded contracts mid term?

I mean, come on.
Your right Ryan, even today another article of the Stewart brothers with there managers in the public eye........ The club is bigger then any of these players, they all say they want to stay together but all want top dollar. DCE is another prime example, talking about how close knit group they are but expects upgrade on upgrade....... Well over it, either take what we can offer and be happy with it or on your bike.......... Remember there used to be a guy from the tigers, benji some one? The game moves on and there is always a kid around the corner wanting his shot.
DCE should take the same approach as Foz, I told my manager that I dont want to talk about contract extensions till the end of next year,when my contract is up,not every few months like DCE does

master blaster said:
c eagle said:
Ryan said:

I mean, come on.
DCE should take the same approach as Foz, I told my manager that I dont want to talk about contract extensions till the end of next year,when my contract is up,not every few months like DCE does
Yeah let's hope he's making that decision for the good of the team and not sitting back to see how all this unfolds..... He also has said he's very close to the Stewart boys...... Crap situation for the club and us but I guess we have to wait and see, I hope snake takes abit of a cut to allow Glenn to stay.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4