Miss Kite and King in the row….

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mac

When i look back over the last 10 years it is true to say that for a good majority of the time when these two fellas were our front rowers we held a high level of fear against opposition teams. Their presence, controlled aggression and brutality on the field was something to be proud of and it fed its way through the rest of the forward pack and team. Both rowers may not have been the eater meter props we wish we had for this year but they had a never say die attitude that rubbed off on those around them. Before the shoulder charge was banned i remember time and time again when these two worked in tandem to violently hurt or bash the opposition to a pulp. It was Hasler that developed and instilled this style of brutality that these two developed over the years. I mean when did either of these two guys ever back down on the footy field? remember Kitey and Crocker? King and Douglas/Graham/Burgess/Kasiano and countless many others...

I am convinced that until we have that type of attitude back in this football team we will be nowhere in terms of competing for the top spot.

So to the recruitment committee can we think about this properly going forward and not just sign any man and his dog to play for the mighty eagles.

When i look back over the last 10 years it is true to say that for a good majority of the time when these two fellas were our front rowers we held a high level of fear against opposition teams. Their presence, controlled aggression and brutality on the field was something to be proud of and it fed its way through the rest of the forward pack and team. Both rowers may not have been the eater meter props we wish we had for this year but they had a never say die attitude that rubbed off on those around them. Before the shoulder charge was banned i remember time and time again when these two worked in tandem to violently hurt or bash the opposition to a pulp. It was Hasler that developed and instilled this style of brutality that these two developed over the years. I mean when did either of these two guys ever back down on the footy field? remember Kitey and Crocker? King and Douglas/Graham/Burgess/Kasiano and countless many others...

I am convinced that until we have that type of attitude back in this football team we will be nowhere in terms of competing for the top spot.

So to the recruitment committee can we think about this properly going forward and not just sign any man and his dog to play for the mighty eagles.

All you need to do now is look at graham and tolman now mate, des knows how to form a good forward pack, the only thing that the Bulldogs lack that manly had when des was there was a decent back line. If they possessed what we had in the backs back then now, then they be unstoppable. I see graham and tolman and I see kite and King!

Knights and Treb will hopefully be our bookends for the next 10 years and have just as much if not more success

For all our grumbling about Kite's sideway running and King's injuries, etc, it is true to say that when these 2 warriors took the field in our colours, the opposition pack always knew that they would have a fight on their hands.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7