Missed the top 4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reganga

Well, that's it. 

Three rounds and we can kiss top 4 good bye. 

You can't milk 32 points against the rabbits and think you can make top 4.  And we all know if you don't make top 4, then that's the season. 

Yes, we didn't have Brett & yes, we didn't have Wolfman, but hey, if that's all it takes to lose a game to a team that will also not make the top 4, then the season is over!!

For all those saying that we put up a good fight, I'm afraid you are talking through your shorts!  If it wasn't for no idea, you wouldn't have any idea. 

I have supported this team for 40+ years and no one is more passionate about the maroon & white than I am.  However, tonight's performance shows me that 2011 is NOT the year. 

Kite was absent, AGAIN.  Kingy had ANOTHER off night.  Ballin was non-existant.  Nulla-who - what a waste! OTNOW lived up to his reputation of one on, one off. 

Thanks God for Cherry-Evans & Foran!

Get your heads out of the sand folks - if you want to make the top 4 (the only way to win the comp), you cannot leak 32 points against a team that should finish behind us this year!

Yes, we were missing big George - big deal!!  They were missing arguably their best player in Sam Burgess.  Yes, we were missing Brett, but hey, that may be the case for more games than not through the season -what then??!!

Don't talk to me about the "up & comers"!!  NOW is the time you win games that ensure you make the top 4.  Top 8 will not win the comp - must finish in top 4. 

I have one maroon eye and one white eye like all of you, but you cannot leak 32 points against an average team (and yes, they are an average team!) and expect to finish top 4. 

We do not have the depth this year to compete with the top 4.  We will win our fair share and have some "glory days", but if tonight's effort in defence is typical against some tough competition, then we have a long year ahead!!

The pessimism astounds me. We had Snake, Wolfman, Matai, T-Rex, Rodney and Rose all watching from the sidelines but yet we want to focus on who they had out.

Our young fellas should be commended for nearly pulling off a miraculous victory without a penalty for 68 minutes but with plenty of fighting spirit.

We are blooding a new breed of stars that I'm sure will mature into a fine team in future. Buhrer, Hoppa, Oldfield, Robinson, Harrison, DCE, Foran, Mauro is the nucleus of a great side.

Let's not be under any illusion...we aren't going to win the comp this year so give the guys a few years - we could have a team with the potential to dominate.

far out, loads of players off, star players too!! Buhrer plays centre and did great, c'mon it's April, great team effort, better than getting smashed, great comeback and showed lots of heart.

I can't agree that we will miss the top 4. I always thought we would struggle in 2011 but there is enough good things coupled with unknown injuries to other teams that says we could get there.

Gang tackles are sapping the opposition but last night the boppers failed to run over them on the back of their good work. There is nothing to say we won't turn that around in a few weeks. I'm willing to put more money on us as the odds are ridiculous.

If you look at all our matches so far, the main deficiencies in defence have been down our left side. We have had a new centre there every week and teams have been targeting that area.
It was obvious that Lyon wasn't fit and against Inglis and Taylor we needed a fit Lyon.
With Matai back next week and Stewart, our backline should start showing more cohesion.
Cherry-Evans is obviously struggling in some areas but with only 4 first grade games under his belt it is a bit early to ditch him yet. We might consider putting Foran to half and Lyon to 5/8, thereby keeping Hopoate in the team if he doesn't improve.
The competition is extremely close as evidenced by only 1 team unbeaten, and if they lose on Monday we will only be 2 points from the top teams.
Given our injuries and draw, having also had just the 1 home game, I think we are going ok. Last season we started a lot stronger but faded badly in the back half of the season. We actually outscored Souths and Easts in the second halves so we seem to be a lot fitter this year.

Sorry, can't agree with anything you have said Brian. I am very proud of the boys tonight. They played with some heart and never gave up. If DCE had his kicking boots on, we win the game. Souths are no easy beats and played mistake free footy. That was the best I have seen them play in a long time. We had no luck with the penalties. The one that, I think it was Ballin for not playing the ball properley could have gone either way. They scored off that set. We also didn't get a penalty till the 63rd minute. I have yet to see a game in years where a team hasn't received a penalty so far into a game.

I'm very confident with all our players on the park we will be top 4. We are playing with ticker and that will take us a long way.

mate we were 0-4 to start 2008 and finished second in the regular season.

not that we'd go top four anyway

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
mate we were 0-4 to start 2008 and finished second in the regular season.

not that we'd go top four anyway

I want to know where this common misconception has come from.

We lost our first 2 in 08 and then pumped the Warriors 52-6 or something in Round 3.

We were 0-4 in 09 and finished 5th.

I knew this was a danger game but by NO means is it time to have a tantrum, grow the **** up. We have alot of inexperience out there atm and they will only get better, they have done very well to be 2 wins out of 4 and once Lyon is back to 100% along with Snake and Matai we will be contenders for a top 4 finish. Im not expecting to win the Comp this year, you would have to be foolish to believe we could do it with Rookie halves and so many key players coming back from serious injuries. All i ask is that the boys give it 100% and they did that especially to fight back like they did.  

It is amazing how different supporters can see the game and thus, view the whole season with either optimism (rose coloured glasses according to the one maroon and one white eye poster above) or with pessimism (realists according to the one maroon and one white eye poster above).
Mr 40 plus years may end up right and he is free to express his pessimism - sorry, realism - but to take such a position on any team this early in the season is a huge (and I would say quite ignorant and arrogant) call to make.

Mathamatically, we can make the top 8, top 4 or the minor premiership.
Until we can't possibly make that mathematically, then there is no point making these statements.
THE END

Sam Burgess their best player, stop smoking the choof.

Dave Taylor carved us up and played one of his best games last night in side that in years gone by would have easily laid down and not keep trying.

I dont see not making the top 4 as a reason to call this a wasted season and to have a cry.
Simply making the 8 in any position is a massive accomplishment for our young guys this year. I'm very happy with where we are at at the moment.
There's plenty of enthusiasm, we're scoring alot more points than a team with 2 youngsters at the helm should be, weve unearthed some young talented players that other clubs will be chasing AND won 2 games already and only lost 2 narrowly.
IMO theres really nothing to be whinging about or any talk of doomsday.

The guys are doing fine.

And I thought I made the goose post of the year righting 4 teams off after round 1. This one just trumped it.

Brian Reganga link said:
Well, that's it. 

Three rounds and we can kiss top 4 good bye. 

You can't milk 32 points against the rabbits and think you can make top 4.  And we all know if you don't make top 4, then that's the season. 

Yes, we didn't have Brett & yes, we didn't have Wolfman, but hey, if that's all it takes to lose a game to a team that will also not make the top 4, then the season is over!!

For all those saying that we put up a good fight, I'm afraid you are talking through your shorts!  If it wasn't for no idea, you wouldn't have any idea. 

I have supported this team for 40+ years and no one is more passionate about the maroon & white than I am.  However, tonight's performance shows me that 2011 is NOT the year. 

Kite was absent, AGAIN.  Kingy had ANOTHER off night.  Ballin was non-existant.  Nulla-who - what a waste! OTNOW lived up to his reputation of one on, one off. 

Thanks God for Cherry-Evans & Foran!

Get your heads out of the sand folks - if you want to make the top 4 (the only way to win the comp), you cannot leak 32 points against a team that should finish behind us this year!

Yes, we were missing big George - big deal!!  They were missing arguably their best player in Sam Burgess.  Yes, we were missing Brett, but hey, that may be the case for more games than not through the season -what then??!!

Don't talk to me about the \"up & comers\"!!  NOW is the time you win games that ensure you make the top 4.  Top 8 will not win the comp - must finish in top 4. 

I have one maroon eye and one white eye like all of you, but you cannot leak 32 points against an average team (and yes, they are an average team!) and expect to finish top 4. 

We do not have the depth this year to compete with the top 4.  We will win our fair share and have some \"glory days\", but if tonight's effort in defence is typical against some tough competition, then we have a long year ahead!!
I've been on this site since 2004 and never had a go at anyone !
But fair dinkum, you've got to be kidding if you think we can kiss the season goodbye based on last nights game.
We are missing Rodney, Stewart, Rose, Matai, Trex, Whare and the David Williams and still came close to knocking over the Rabbits.

Put the razor blades back in the bathroom Brian put your feet up chill out and have a beer.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2