Mobile App for Silvertails - interest?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I am looking at a solution for a mobile app for Silvertails. It will be our own branded app with most of our features all inside a standard app and push notifications will be part of it.

To do this I will need to outlay about $1000 which is fine, I can do that if there is enough interest in the app, I am sure I will eventually make it back, The app will be native to Android and iOS.

The app will have the following features in round one if we go with it

• Camera

* Tap to take a photo
    * Hold to record a video

After capturing the photo/video, you can choose where to upload the media; either:

* New Thread
    * New Reply [if viewing an open thread]
  • Addons : tipping comp etc

Members can quickly share a thread, media resource, or other page they're viewing using their installed social media apps -- including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
  • Push Alerts

Members receive a push notification whenever Silvertails generates an alert. (things like replies, likes etc)

Last edited:
Nice work mate. But tbh I'm happy just using the chrome app for mobile. Er what's up with the camera/video thing? Should there be some posters placed on a banned list for this function. The amount of jibberish posts will skyrocket

Nice work mate. But tbh I'm happy just using the chrome app for mobile. Er what's up with the camera/video thing? Should there be some posters placed on a banned list for this function. The amount of jibberish posts will skyrocket
I havent developed the app its an app for the software we use and I can purchase it for us to use which will have all the above features.

Push notifications is probably the biggest one

Hey look, Dan's alive! yay.

whilst I don't really use my 'cell' phone for much I can see value in the idea so go ahead if you want to/have time/care/etc.
Others who use their smartphone may respond more about how awesome it sounds.

I am more just respectful replying. Does anyone have an apple watch yet?

I hardly use my mobile these days, after being issued with a work ipad, but I'd probably get the app if you made one.

I only use Silvertails on my phone so I'm in for sure. It will make the L90 bus trip into the city each day easier.
Go Manly.

That's a great idea ! I'm always on here on my phone. The push notifications would proberly generate more traffic as well.
+1

Last edited:

whilst I don't really use my 'cell' phone for much I can see value in the idea so go ahead if you want to/have time/care/etc.

I have had an Apple Watch since day 1.

When did you get locked up? I need to see a picture of the hat behind bars.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8