Monaghs debate - the bottom Line

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
Orford is contracted long term
Likewise Lyon

Monaghs has this year and next year under contract

Travis is off contract
Ballin is off contract
both are young and are future stars, monaghs is 27.

We cant keep all of them on the money they are on want to be on in the case of Burns and Ballin for next year. If we keep monaghs we lose Travis, its that simple.

What do you suggest the clubs does ? If monaghs stays ( 27 years old ) we lose either of Burns or Ballin, both young ( 21 ??)

Monaghs asks for a release, if you where running the club as a business and looking to the future what would you do ? you must look big picture.

build a bridge team.... be thankful that Monaghs has found some form, if Orford continues to improve we will have a very strong push towards this years title.

I agree , Prefer if he went to England though
Orford will come good and then the Monas debate will be over, Ballin and Burns are both going to be stars of the future and along with Groom, the Stewarts, they will be the Nucleus of the team for a long time

At this stage I'm assuming Monaghan will leave and we will lose Burns anyway.

Groom will need to fulfill his potential next year.

I think your right Mata.

Were going to lose everyone the way we are going..

Menzies can play 2nd row and rest G Stewart. Hes getting old so those 2 can rotate. Matai can sit in PL or swap with Bell from time to time pending on form.

:lol:

We are on top of the ladder and "we're gonna lose everyone"

Do you think they would want to go to the roosters or something??

We are on top of the ladder and \"we're gonna lose everyone\"

Monas is leaving.. no doubt about that. If Burns keeps getting benched why would he not want to leave as well? As with Ballin in PL?

Other clubs would have spotted these guys talents.

I think everyone is over-reacting.. Des wouldn't just say to these blokes "right, your not up to it.. your dropped"

There would be a reason behind it.

I agree Monaghan will most probably go.

Burns and Ballin will stay put.

The only one i'd be inclined to make sure we keep is Ballin. He has a future.. If burns wants to piss off to play 6 elsewhere.. good riddance, we have players to cover for him. I hope he stays though.. he would make an excellent utility. The only person that knows what is going on with the team is Des... we are 8 from 9 so i'll trust he's making the right calls.

I usually treat you with the contempt you deserve, but I just have to highlight that the known fact we are losing Monaghan and the likelyhood of Burns returning to Queenslad is a far cry from "everyone leaving".

Try not to be such an insufferable twat.

[quote author=Matabele]

I think your right Mata.

Were going to lose everyone the way we are going..

Menzies can play 2nd row and rest G Stewart. Hes getting old so those 2 can rotate. Matai can sit in PL or swap with Bell from time to time pending on form.
[/quote]

Now keep it down, champ

[quote author=Nutzcraw]

I usually treat you with the contempt you deserve, but I just have to highlight that the known fact we are losing Monaghan and the likelyhood of Burns returning to Queenslad is a far cry from "everyone leaving".

Try not to be such an insufferable twat.

[/quote]

Mata, Nutz wasnt the one who said "everyone leaving" phrase and has been adding good value to the footy discussions. You could always resist the temptation to start with the name calling insults & recognise many others might regard you as a domineering egotistical bore but dont advance it.

Meh, let him go Jatz... i've been called alot worse than a twat. :lol:

How good will it be if the bulldogs beat Melbourne!! Out right first :)

Go the dogs :lol:

Seems kinda strange to barrack for those dogs. But whatever helps our cause this year i guess.

By the way, what does "meh" mean ? Must be something like 'no worries" or something like that ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4