Monday Madness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly to lose $100,000 at the gates for Monday night games.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/monday-madness/

I wish i could make the Monday night games. Bloody work!

Matabele said:
They're not true supporters.

potstir.gif

Should we be surprised at getting shafted by the NRL. Gallop seems to spend most of his time thinking up ways to bend us over. I'm quite sure that Broncos,Storm,Saints wont have to play 4 Monday night games this year. What a f***ing joke.

On the Broncos. In the first 17 rounds they play 13 Friday night games and only 1 Monday night game

Geez, I hate MNF. Hopefully when the new TV rights gets sorted CEO should stipulate no monday night games.

26 rounds with 8 games per round. Works out at 3.25 Monday games per team if it's shared equally.

Jerry1 said:
26 rounds with 8 games per round. Works out at 3.25 Monday games per team if it's shared equally.

How does the maths work out if you take the Warriors out of the equation?

I think Monday night is good for Foxtel, and if its good for Foxtel its ultimately good for the game come the next TV rights. I don't think it should be a problem losing a bit of gate revenue if your a smart club. It was well watched and any loss in crowd revenue should be able to be offset by increased TV exposure for your sponsors.

The only caveats I'd like to put on Monday night footy is its evenly shared across the clubs. It is difficult to get too and that pain for the fans should be evenly spread. It also used to be tough for clubs to back up from Monday night footy, but clubs are a lot better at this year as shown by my footy tips this year and my previous rule of not picking teams that played on monday night.

Time Zone Eagle!!!

IF the NRL gave each club who played a home game on a Monday say $150K compensation, no one would complain.....this might hapen in the new deal.

But the problem is they don't. Fox love it, the clubs hate it but FOX pays the NRL so we are stuck with it.

Just needs to be fixed (compensation wise) next in the TV rights

The clubs need to stand up to Gallop and demand a fairer compensation. They supply the product so they need to collectively say to him to pay up or no play.

mickqld said:
Should we be surprised at getting shafted by the NRL. Gallop seems to spend most of his time thinking up ways to bend us over. I'm quite sure that Broncos,Storm,Saints wont have to play 4 Monday night games this year. What a f***ing joke.

only 1/3 right

the bongos get fark all but manly, st merge and the scum top the list for monday nights this year so far

Fluffy said:
mickqld said:

only 1/3 right

the bongos get fark all but manly, st merge and the scum top the list for monday nights this year so far
I think we had atleast 5 or 6 last year too

There was no monday night games before city country and no monday night games before round 26. So each teams plays 3 games if its to be equal.

Warriors can play their monday night games away.

What is suprising is that St George has had so many Monday night games. You'd think the premiers would get looked after. But i guess if they aren't home games, the club isnt really losing dollars, just limiting its supporters from attending.

Fonz said:
Yeah it's Shane. He types 'his' instead of 'he's'. It always gave me the ****s.

So that's who it is that does that. It drives me nuts too.

You have to remember,we can only have 2 at Brookie due to the council (I believe).Any others are that teams problem.We have Raiders and Eels on Monday at home,so that should be it for Brookie.Titans and st merge are away games.We may get more Monday night games,but they have to be away (of course we could take a home game to everyones fav ground bluetongue,and that could end up on a Monday).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4