Monetary policy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Can someone please find Lowe a pen? Every game Hoppa plays is doubling his value, he's more inflationary than DCE in fantasy football.

Hypothetically, if he wants to be a fullback, do we look to the future or stay loyal to Brett. Tough one.

Hoppa is on the field. That is more than enough for me to decide. 3 years consistently injured straight is too much.

The issue is Brett still has another year on his contract. It would be a tragedy to lose Hoppa then have Stewart injured for a large portion of the next 2 seasons. Can't predict the future I guess. Tough decisions for the coaching staff. The longer it drags out the less confident I am of keeping him.

Ryan said:
Hoppa is on the field. That is more than enough for me to decide. 3 years consistently injured straight is too much.
What if our lock's future was contingent on the decision?

Matabele said:
Hypothetically, if he wants to be a fullback, do we look to the future or stay loyal to Brett. Tough one.

Thats my biggest concern about keeping Hoppa. Its if he really wants to play fullback.

My personal opinion is that he'd be a gun centre but there isn't exactly a spot for him their either.

It's not that other clubs will be offering much more money, its the promises they can make him like position that we can't.

Hopefully Hoppa sees that within 2 years he will either be playing fullback or centre with us. There are always injuries so he will fill in when required in those positions whilst learning then make one his own eventually.

Matabele said:
Ryan said:
What if our lock's future was contingent on the decision?

Then Jamie Buhrer plays there (Lock), and Harrison plays.

Apparently Des stated in post match interview that he is confident we will sign Hoppa with an announcement expected in next 1-2 weeks.

Full strength for mine this year:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Micheal Robertson (Michael Oldfield 2012)
03. William Hopoate
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite (Tim Robinson 2012)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao (Vic Mauro / Other 2012)
17. Shane Rodney

Next year: Robbo (UK), Galuvao (Retires), Kite (UK), T-Rex (Another NRL club), Matt Cross (Another NRL club)

Replacements: Oldfield, Harrison, Robinson, Mauro
EDIT: No acquisitions required.

Personally, this years 17 could do some damage full strength.

Hoppa said in his post match interview that he didn't have a fav position and was happy to play anywhere.

Hoppa should play the rest of the year on the wing when Brett returns.

As good as Hoppa is.. i think everyone is forgetting how great Brett Stewart is and he will offer more in defence than Hoppa too.

Hopoate however deserves to be in the 17 and if we are to re sign him.. thats where he should be. Im sorry Wolfman but reggies for you champ.

He will be a winger until Jamie Lyon retires/England as he is getting on a bit and Hoppa will move to centre.

If Brett Stewart has another season ending injury.. I dont think we will re sign Brett and Hoppa will eventually goto full back.

Time will tell.

willie65 said:
can we afford brett to come back and have 5 or 6 soft games?

Are you kidding???, the few games he has played this year we have won and he looked great setting up tries and organizing our defense. I think some of you people need to go and watch snakes games from 07 and 08 to see how good he can be before you start talking about not having him in the side. Also Hoppa has even said Snake is the one that has helped him so much in the FB position. Sure Hoppa is a star but he can play many positions and Snake is our number 1 fullback.

willie65 said:
my lx ss hatchback was great too,until i iwrapped it around a pole,after that it wasn'T quite the same 355torana

I'm sorry but snake will get back to his best. You can bank on this!!! I swear I will laugh if he is back next week and has a blinder to help us beat the cowgirls.

commentators said our physio don't seem to know when, mentioned another 3-4 weeks. Sounding like Owen Hargreaves from Manchester United this situation. It will kill us in the end, not having Brett on the paddock. He must be on the field for us to win 2011!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8