Money can't buy pride or culture

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Guys last nights defeat was hard to take in a lot of ways... It will not matter how much money we as a club have to rebuild, because money can't buy what we have lost...... Last night was like watching a team with no soul, we have lost the pride and culture you can only get from building from scratch together, buying in big names won't fix the underlying problem.... This was the whole reason we as a club we're going to build the nexted generation around the halves, which came through our system and had been around our winning culture. We have snake , matai, jamie, killer and ballin to try and keep it alive........ For me snake seems to be killing time, one particular thing I noticed was on two occasions our guys go belted over the dead ball and side lines....... And no one helped them off the ground, it seems the love and pride in our jumper has diminished . Brett Stewart played well, defensively but I noticed he just ignored the poor bloke who got smashed in goal and walked straight passed him, I think it was hiku. I don't for a minute pretend to know the answers, but I can see the writing on the wall.

Guys last nights defeat was hard to take in a lot of ways... It will not matter how much money we as a club have to rebuild, because money can't buy what we have lost...... Last night was like watching a team with no soul, we have lost the pride and culture you can only get from building from scratch together, buying in big names won't fix the underlying problem.... This was the whole reason we as a club we're going to build the nexted generation around the halves, which came through our system and had been around our winning culture. We have snake , matai, jamie, killer and ballin to try and keep it alive........ For me snake seems to be killing time, one particular thing I noticed was on two occasions our guys go belted over the dead ball and side lines....... And no one helped them off the ground, it seems the love and pride in our jumper has diminished . Brett Stewart played well, defensively but I noticed he just ignored the poor bloke who got smashed in goal and walked straight passed him, I think it was hiku. I don't for a minute pretend to know the answers, but I can see the writing on the wall.
Agree - very sad.

The team it not together as it once was, that is very evident. I think last night to be fair the team was busted by injury and we met a very determined side who played to their strengths. Manly will need to up their enthusiasm if they are to beat Canberra next week. There is an opportunity to bloody some new guys with the injuries we have, the team needs freshening up and PLEASE play someone who can kick goals cause that is currently an embrarassment

If you watched that game on a poor quality tv without the sound, you could easily assume that it was the Canberra Faders playing in stolen Manly jerseys...

But moving forward, this is a huge issue........ The club had to hold one of the halves to build for the future, and now talk of Toovey being rissoled will only compound the problem.... Then we will have a coach from the outside, with players with no culture/pride connection to our jumper...... We could just end up like the Sharks .

But moving forward, this is a huge issue........ The club had to hold one of the halves to build for the future, and now talk of Toovey being rissoled will only compound the problem.... Then we will have a coach from the outside, with players with no culture/pride connection to our jumper...... We could just end up like the Sharks .
FMD. I was already on the window ledge.

You know, I love Tooves, but blowing up about the concussion rule...Really who gives a :swear: Geoff...why don't u stand tall and just tell everyone what we know...The team has a lot of players not wanting to have a go....It was the worst performance in a MANLY jersey for 10+ years and totally unacceptable....Swing the axe mate, cause it just aint happening.

You know, I love Tooves, but blowing up about the concussion rule...Really who gives a :swear: Geoff...why don't u stand tall and just tell everyone what we know...The team has a lot of players not wanting to have a go....It was the worst performance in a MANLY jersey for 10+ years and totally unacceptable....Swing the axe mate, cause it just aint happening.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one thinking, "should this be the topic we should REALLY be concerned about here?".

Toovey's side is melting into mediocrity, and not a mention of their half arsed efforts?

You know, I love Tooves, but blowing up about the concussion rule...Really who gives a fark Geoff...why don't u stand tall and just tell everyone what we know...The team has a lot of players not wanting to have a go....It was the worst performance in a MANLY jersey for 10+ years and totally unacceptable....Swing the axe mate, cause it just aint happening.
This

I hate to say it but it feels like 1999.
Never forget that year watching Manly get smashed week after week with most of the "stars" from 1995-7 still in the team - but all near the end of their Manly tenures,
It's so sad to see, and amazing how quickly it happens.
3/4 through last year everyone was lauding the "Manly culture" and the winning spirit. Now we are comparing pretty much the same mob to the Raiders.

Is there anything we as fans can do to voice our disgust with the club?

NYEagle

Never forget that year watching Manly get smashed week after week with most of the "stars" from 1995-7 still in the team - but all near the end of their Manly tenures,
3/4 through last year everyone was lauding the "Manly culture" and the winning spirit. Now we are comparing pretty much the same mob to the Raiders.

NYEagle
Yep. Exactly like '99. Only good thing about that is that there was much triumph over adversity to come. Maybe same now?

Quite incredible to think the bookies paid out on us for the minor premiership just 7 months ago and now with the loss of only Twatmouth and kingy we look like wooden spooners. Don't think i've ever seen a club in such a dramatic freefall. Good luck to 2V or whoever is in charge of rebuilding this mess but the big problem is that the downfall is not even half way through. We can't really re-build until we hit rock bottom and that is months away yet.

NYEagle
Yep, we need to get this petition going against the club to get our voice heard regarding recent events, we seriously need to try and keep DCE...... With him still around , it will attract players to our club while still keeping the culture and pride within the jumper.

We've definitely lost our winning edge. Mostly because we have lost guys who were committed to playing for each other (Foran, Stewart & Watmough) and we have replaced them with journeymen (Burgess, Mason & Mateo) who are going to take time to settle into the team.

We will need two things to get that culture back. One is an astute coach that has the backing of the board. The other is a core group of talented youngsters that want to play for us. I believe we have the youngsters. Toovey has an exceptional coaching record but can't continue to excel with so much pressure on him. If they don't want to persist with him then they better get a damn good replacement. If you don't have one of the top four coaches in the game then you have ****-all chance of winning a title.

We've definitely lost our winning edge. Mostly because we have lost guys who were committed to playing for each other (Foran, Stewart & Watmough) and we have replaced them with journeymen (Burgess, Mason & Mateo) who are going to take time to settle into the team.

We will need two things to get that culture back. One is an astute coach that has the backing of the board. The other is a core group of talented youngsters that want to play for us. I believe we have the youngsters. Toovey has an exceptional coaching record but can't continue to excel with so much pressure on him. If they don't want to persist with him then they better get a damn good replacement. If you don't have one of the top four coaches in the game then you have ****-all chance of winning a title.
Bring back DES, is this an option.....

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6