More clubs complaining about Channel Nein's draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Glad to read that we are not the only club/fans whinging about the uneveness of Channel Nein's and Fox's scheduling. The Cowboys complained earlier in the week, citing the advantage that Brisbane have. Now Cronulla has a legitimate gripe, being scheduled for their seventh Monday night match.
I totally agree that they have been dudded. The Independent Commission cannot let broadcasters dictate the season's schedule next year - that is the role of the official body. They set a salary cap to even out the competition, yet allow broadcasters to influence results.
I know some of you will say that broadcasters pay big money so they are the masters, but I totally disagree. The AFL has shown how it should be done. Sure, you will get the occasional dud free-to-air TV match - but that's what we had last week with Titans V Easts and again this Friday with Illawarra V Easts.

Glad to read that we are not the only club/fans whinging about the uneveness of Channel Nein's and Fox's scheduling. The Cowboys complained earlier in the week, citing the advantage that Brisbane have. Now Cronulla has a legitimate gripe, being scheduled for their seventh Monday night match.
I totally agree that they have been dudded. The Independent Commission cannot let broadcasters dictate the season's schedule next year - that is the role of the official body. They set a salary cap to even out the competition, yet allow broadcasters to influence results.
I know some of you will say that broadcasters pay big money so they are the masters, but I totally disagree. The AFL has shown how it should be done. Sure, you will get the occasional dud free-to-air TV match - but that's what we had last week with Titans V Easts and again this Friday with Illawarra V Easts.

Everyone should be complaining, the only ones who gain from this are the TV networks, and perhaps The Broncos.

As a comparison, the A-League is a shambles of a comp, but if any Sydney FC fans decided they wanted to see their team play in Brisbane on the final week of the next comp (which is 7 months away) they could start planning now .... 28 Mar 13, 7:00pm - Brisbane Roar FC Vs Sydney FC at Suncorp Stadium. Date and time already announced.

The NRL is just plain second rate the way the scheduling is done.

Everyone should be complaining, the only ones who gain from this are the TV networks, and perhaps The Broncos.

As a comparison, the A-League is a shambles of a comp, but if any Sydney FC fans decided they wanted to see their team play in Brisbane on the final week of the next comp (which is 7 months away) they could start planning now .... 28 Mar 13, 7:00pm - Brisbane Roar FC Vs Sydney FC at Suncorp Stadium. Date and time already announced.

The NRL is just plain second rate the way the scheduling is done.

Brookie4eva said:

The Broncos will gain from this "perhaps".

It's a dead set certainty they gain from it. If you were a sponsor and you had a choice of exposure on a guaranteed prime time FTA slot every Friday night, or exposure at random times on cable.......what would you choose ??? Not only do the Broncos get a big advantage in terms of regularity of match scheduling from a training point of view, but they also get a massive commercial leg up because of this little sweetheart deal they have going with Nein and the NRL. Hopefully the IC will knock this rubbish on the head.

Brookie4eva said:

The Broncos will gain from this "perhaps".

It's a dead set certainty they gain from it. If you were a sponsor and you had a choice of exposure on a guaranteed prime time FTA slot every Friday night, or exposure at random times on cable.......what would you choose ??? Not only do the Broncos get a big advantage in terms of regularity of match scheduling from a training point of view, but they also get a massive commercial leg up because of this little sweetheart deal they have going with Nein and the NRL. Hopefully the IC will knock this rubbish on the head.

Hey BE
you used to post a table of TV game times by club from time to time. Are you able to get hold of that and share it for 2012?

cheers

Hey BE
you used to post a table of TV game times by club from time to time. Are you able to get hold of that and share it for 2012?

cheers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8