More election crap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
More garbage from me on the garbage presented to the Australian people. This has to be the worst election of pork barreling I have ever witnessed. In the most blatant effort to cling on to power Howard and team have shown that any form of fiscal responsibility has gone right out the window. Personally I find so little between the two main parties, but today I am going to say Johnnie has lost the plot.

This latest move includes tax free savings accounts for children from birth, tax deductable contributions from relies to this account, and Capital Gains Tax exemption to those parents and grandparents who chip in when the property is sold. This will only result in the children of the richest members of our society bidding for more million dollar + properties as the old folks attempt to rearrange their finances to capitalise on a totally stupid idea.

The $14,000 first home buyers grant did little to help as the prices were almost immediately inflated by that amount as each young couple attempted to outbid the next. Now we could have an 18+ year grace periods where mummy and daddy's investments can be arranged in the most tax effective way. This is about the lowest point I can remember.

Is that a joke?
Hyperbole Stuart. If you knew Mata's opinion regards the situation in Zim you would surmise he is grossly exaggerating to make a point.

I agree with you both - the most boring, unimaginative campaign ever - and that is saying something. Can't wait for it to be over!!

I sorta got that CW, but at first look the comment was a bit extreme. On the other hand, the country's coffers would be some $60+ billion better off and hopefully being allocated where it is really needed instead of a lot of well-heeled back pockets in marginal electorates.

I heard some talk on the abc down here yesterday that the ALP had taken a deliberate strategy to be boring-I guess they figured that they were ahead and didn't want to take Howard's bait and get into an argument

Yeah it would be nice if the campaign was a real debate about our future rather than a series of pork barrelling photo ops in marginal seats designed to be as boring as possible.

But it seems that this is the most effective way of winning the support of the Australian people. So in a way its our fault I guess.

Not mine of course, as I am clearly much more superior than anyone else. ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2