More match-fixing claims set to rock NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some detectives came to my place this morning wanting my phone, attempting to verify whether this upstanding pillar of the community is actually the infamous "shoe" from the Internet.

I denied everything, but I expect another visit.

I am sure I read somewhere that the players and officials who get called up to this investigation are not allowed to tell the club or other players of their call up. How did the press even know about this? Unless this is a way of finding out who the police are questioning. They now know it is not Steve.
The leaking, scoops and timing are all interesting. So too was the gaggle of video cameramen standing opposite the inquiry headquarters in Kent st. Their gear sitting on the ground, casually chatting just waiting for someone famous to wander by.

I read this inquiry might take months. Surely the club must be in total crisis mode. How could you possibly attract sponsors with our brand getting slowly dragged through the mud?

EDIT: just read on another thread it was URM. Wonder what escape clauses they have? On the brighter side document shredding always comes in handy in a footy club.

As the Skivvi's phone thread has been deleted, which I agree with...nothing to do with the OP or the tone of it....it just sucked seeing it there; I will now post this

Channel 7 apologises to Steve Matai!

As they ****ing should, and that toolbag journo

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/09/10/_7_news_apologises_t.html

...“7 News accepts that its report was incorrect and that it would like to make it clear that Steve Matai did not have his phone seized and the investigation did not relate to him. 7 wishes to apologies to Steve Matai and regrets and distress caused to him.”

j massoud should do the same, immediately.

To be honest I am surprised and disappointed that it is the Fairfax papers and not News Ltd. You expect this rubbish from News, but always thought the SMH had a bit more integrity.
Fairfax!?!? The same one that gives voice to Roy Masters anti-Manly bile and hosted the Stewart rubbished when publishing Jacqualine Magney's hit-pieces that have since been retracted?

They're all the same.

Hope it was prominently apologized on the nightly news shows ... I never saw it .... don't watch the commercial crap much though

Is there any news on this?
Wouldn't it be reasonable to hope that it could all be sorted before the pre-season???

Turdburger is holding this Ace up his sleeve till it can do max damage to our season. Nothing surer. Expect to hear it all again March/April '17.
Also due to fact that none of the suspects will no longer be with us theb it'll be the club that wears the blame from Turdy.

They need to come up with something else to stain manly with because the peptides and match fixing innuendoes have run their course. I think possibly people smuggling or terror links will be thrown out there as being linked to manly, most likely before a big planned manly announcement or critical home game etc.

Not sure how much Greenberg can do if the police come back and say there is nothing to see here. Plus if the players acted in isolation the club could probably argue out of any club based penalty on the grounds that it was 1 or however many bad apples acting in isolation. Players match fixing is very different to the club say rorting the cap.

Not sure how much Greenberg can do if the police come back and say there is nothing to see here. Plus if the players acted in isolation the club could probably argue out of any club based penalty on the grounds that it was 1 or however many bad apples acting in isolation. Players match fixing is very different to the club say rorting the cap.

And if the rumours are true the players involved are no longer with us, or soon won't be!!

And I'd suggest you are correct , any ban would be on players rather than the club as no club would arrange and condone match fixing.......regardless!!

Sorry to say that there were a number of Manly players involved / or eligibly in this scandal. Fortunately every player involved has been moved on or no longer involved with the club - discreetly. In principal I agree with Mark. It is a real shame that this has happened and we have been tarnished as supporters

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4