More off field trouble - Tigers this time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Dan - didnt think this was worthy of a front page gig

Laurie stood down after assault chargeSeptember 16, 2009 - 11:39AM
Wests Tigers have stood down Daine Laurie after he was charged with common assault by NSW Police over a domestic incident which occurred late Wednesday night.

The promising 25-year-old prop forward has been stood down from all club activities pending a police investigation.

"The board has made the decision to stand Daine Laurie down for an indefinite period," said Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys.

"There is a need to allow the proper legal processes to run their course but we also believe standing Daine down is the appropriate course of action considering the best interest of all parties concerned.

"The club is working with authorities on the matter and is committed to providing support and counselling to all parties.

"The club enforces a strict code of conduct for all of its employees and is totally opposed to any action that places the health, safety and wellbeing of any individual in jeopardy."

Laurie has played 20 NRL games since his debut in 2008, 10 games in each season.

He was recruited through the Justice system.  The Tigers are chasing another guy from the NZ Justice system for next season.  Aren't we looking at some kid who's up currently in Kariong?  That's a tough place.

Any idea on the name of that guy the Tigers are after DSM ?

Hopefully not a scumbag by the name of Metcalfe. He is currently not allowed to set foot in Australia

I thought he was going to leave the tigers anyway because he wasn't happy with the amount of game time he was getting in the top side.

Kiwi, got this tip from a Tigers fan.  Apparently he's a young guy whose been punted from a number of clubs.  Didn't know the name.  Laurie, very much the Idris type, without the skill.  Big guy though. 

I think you may be referring to Arana Taumata DSM. 5/8, is a kiwi but not from the NZ Justice System though

Sacked from Brisbane, Bulldogs, Storm and possibly the Roosters as well

The Wheel link said:
\"The club enforces a strict code of conduct for all of its employees and is totally opposed to any action that places the health, safety and wellbeing of any individual in jeopardy.\"

...unless of course it is on the field, in which case we need to bash the living daylights out of any individual we can catch, and play on till our joints turn to dust.

Could be him Kiwi.  The same guy says that Burgess and one other Pommy are heading Wests/Tigers way.   

Laurie has heaps of potential and looked very good against us last year in the second last round. However, discipline etc continues to be an issue for some of these players.

The Wheel link said:
\"The club enforces a strict code of conduct for all of its employees and is totally opposed to any action that places the health, safety and wellbeing of any individual in jeopardy.\"

Hey isn't this the same club that Hoppa learnt his digital tackling style ;)

Canteen Worker link said:
Laurie has heaps of potential and looked very good against us last year in the second last round. However, discipline etc continues to be an issue for some of these players.

He's strong and lots of go forwarded. I was also impressed when he played aganist us.

Hope he gets his **** together as there are no excuses for hitting a woman.

I think he hit a cop.  Is that different?  Some of them might be female, in some sort of general sense.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7