Moses: ‘I hope he isn’t running at me’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Marty Taupau is a big bloke. He’s passionate about his footy. And he loves to win.

So, there’s no doubt he’ll come out with his foot on the gas on Monday night against his former team mates at Leichhardt Oval.

One guy who is keen not to get in his way is his good mate Mitchell Moses.

“Marty was outstanding last year for us, and he’s a big loss for us this year,” Moses said.

“Hopefully he’s not running at me on the weekend, because he’s definitely one of the hardest men to tackle.

“It’s exciting to verse him though. I’m good friends with Marty, so we’ll see what happens, hopefully it's a good game and hopefully we get the win over him and Manly.”

While Manly will be recouping this week, after a stinging 28-6 loss to the Dogs, the Tigers are on a high after escaping a nailbiter to down the Warriors 34-26.

But Moses says that the first round results will mean nothing on Monday.

“(Manly) won’t be happy with the way they played last week so they will be coming out firing and all guns blazing,” Moses said.

“We’re going to have to weather the storm early, and probably play the way we did (against Warriors) in the first half all game.

“If we do that we’ll go close to winning the game.”

But Moses isn’t the only one who is a bit apprehensive about the damage Taupau could do with his new club.

Round one tryscorer Curtis Sironen said he was expecting the former Tigers prop would use his inside-knowledge come kick-off on Monday.

“It’ll be good playing against Marty,” Sironen said. “He always gets fired up, so he’ll be ready to get out there and palm a few blokes, and run over a few people I’m sure, but we’ve got to be ready to match their whole forward pack, and that’s Marty included.

“It was a bit of a rusty start for Manly to the season.

Mitchell Moses may be small but he packed a punch for the Wests Tigers in their round one win.
“I think it was always going to be of a bit of a shaky round one (for them).

“They’ve got new combinations, but they are all quality players and anyone who cops criticism is always going to bounce back, so we’re expecting them to be ready to go on Monday, so we’ve got to be ready too.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m/news-story/6b1a788f40426dc8bbcbc8e0acffd3e2

Can Moses part the maroon Sea? - hope not :giggle:

Taupau better trample somebody, as his late shoulder charge on a Player without the ball, was pathetic :mad:

They'll be baiting him like a Terry and Scott stolen lobster trap.
The tigers will be sweating on his emotions to bring out a brain snap.
I think he knows he owes his new club and team mates a big one, and hopefully can keep himself out of trouble.

I watched Moses against the Warriors and I think this kid will be a standout 5/8th in the future, great passing, running, kicking and his defense didn't look that bad either.

He's a player, along with Brooks, are players Manly have to shut down. They've adopted a passing game attack which is Diamonds one week and Rocks the next but if the ball sticks watch out!

I watched Moses against the Warriors and I think this kid will be a standout 5/8th in the future, great passing, running, kicking and his defense didn't look that bad either.

He's a player, along with Brooks, are players Manly have to shut down. They've adopted a passing game attack which is Diamonds one week and Rocks the next but if the ball sticks watch out!

we need Farah back to hobble their creativity

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7