Most disappointing loss since 97 GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
What is it for you?

I'm still dirty about Friday night.

Down 18-0 after 20m and playing like **** while winning the penalty count.

Come back 2nd half and have them score that bull**** try. I still haven't heard anyone say it was not short.

Then the penalty! Ok he milked it good luck to the little C but to get marched 10 metres in Golden Point ET is an absolute joke.

Anyway, for me that was the worst I've felt after a loss since 97. Even worse than 07.

I watched the game in the Fulton/Menzies stand and the whole game it seemed like we chased our own tails for so long.

To get level at the death and then to have it snatched away was gut wrenching. To lose to a pot plant penality is absurd. The try that grub was awared was also a ****e decision.

I am glad this was a club game and not a final. The 97 GF pain is still raw cause thats a game we should never have lost, I have the vision still in my head of Cliffy lining up a simple field goal, 9 minutes to go when we were 16-10 up, If that goes over we win.

Nothing like 1997 GF, where Manly stopped and let in a winning try.:mad:

Friday night Manly lost by 2 points in a game that had the Opposition being gifted 6 points:cool:

The Premiership is still in hand IMO :angel:

It's certainly up there. To lose in that manner after an amazing fight back was devastating. To all the posters who keep repeating that we let in 32 points, well they let in 30 with the difference being that all Manly's points were legit. 8 of theirs were BS. Manly 30 muttelys 24 would have been a just result.

Hard to top 97gf as hardest defeat to accept. Especially when eveyone knows it wasn't won on Newcastle's own esteem. They could have opened a chemist shop with the amount of "assistance" in their systems.

Hard to measure, but yes, a devastating loss and still filthy today. Wishing the worst Karma on Reynolds.

Why is this such a disappointing loss? Cause we had a draw and came away with no points.

I agree with Hasler on this (in a radio interview), losing team should get a point.

So the winner gets two as usual. If we had a point it would have been worthwhile but the stupid golden point system means one gets nothing although they drew in official time.

We deserve a point. It was 30-all at the siren. We got zilch.

yeah im still hurting from Fridays loss. Just the circumstances all aligned to make it painful.

I don't even care that it was the dogs we lost too.

A try that wasn't a try, a penalty that wasn't a penalty (a dive in fact) and the consistent incompetence of the referees.

That was coupled with the fact we levelled form 18 points down and now we are vulnerable to the bottom 4.

The grand final was still worse, it was a grand final. Unlike this game, we couldn't bounce back next week after the GF loss.

Not for me, you can't compare a normal comp game with a losing grand final, especially that one.

If it finished 12-30 - or worse - then it would have been shattering.

As it was , our players never stopped, and as a result we deserved better than to walk away without a point.

niccipops said:
It's certainly up there. To lose in that manner after an amazing fight back was devastating. To all the posters who keep repeating that we let in 32 points, well they let in 30 with the difference being that all Manly's points were legit. 8 of theirs were BS. Manly 30 muttelys 24 would have been a just result.

But, then again, after leading 30-12 the Dogs could have taken their foot off the pedal, you never know. Was it this scenario or Manly's play? The fact of the matter was we were down 30-12, that cannot be excused...

Just playing the devil's advocate

Moops said:
niccipops said:

But, then again, after leading 30-12 the Dogs could have taken their foot off the pedal, you never know. Was it this scenario or Manly's play? The fact of the matter was we were down 30-12, that cannot be excused...

Letting a team come back from being down 30-12 cannot be excused either. I'm sure Des would have been thrilled with that statistic.

niccipops said:
Moops said:
niccipops said:

Letting a team come back from being down 30-12 cannot be excused either. I'm sure Des would have been thrilled with that statistic.

I am sure Des is happy with the two points! He may have been disappointed they didn't really go on with it, though...

Kiwi Eagle said:
All of the 50-60 point losses were far more disappointing than Friday nights effort

Getting a 60 point touch-up at the hands of Penrith in 2003, or was it 2004, springs to mind.

Yep, it was "up there" with other harsh losses, I'm gutted.

Terrible to see the Manly boys play so poorly for over half another match, AT HOME!

Such a shame the ref ruled that short try initially a try, as if he'd called initially no try I'm sure the video ref would have agreed.

I do understand the refs calling the penalty for lifting in extra time, even though there wasn't much in it, and terrible to see Foz have a go and have the penalty marched another 10m - Foz knows better than that!

All said and done however, we honestly didn't deserve to win that match after so many mistakes.
I wish we had still of course!

Come on Manly, we can and better do better during the 2nd half of this season!

Friday night wasn't much fun, but in reality we didn't play that well. I'm already over it.

Last years semi against Melbourne was far more gutting. To play like a bunch of busteds in such an important game against our modern day rivals was embarrassing. I still cringe about how pathetic we were in that game.

Another one that I would love to erase from the memory bank is getting 50 put on us by a 12 man Canberra side at Brookie, not long after we rid ourselves of the NE cancer.

simon_eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
All of the 50-60 point losses were far more disappointing than Friday nights effort

Getting a 60 point touch-up at the hands of Penrith in 2003, or was it 2004, springs to mind.

Yep, we were playing for 8th spot in the last round and came up with that one. Shocker.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6