Most gutted I can remember after a loss.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
I get pretty fired up during games, but my friends and family always say I'm fair and will afterwards say 'oh well great game even though we didn't win'. Case in point the 4-0 loss to the Roosters. Or I will say we just weren't good enough.

What to say about tonight? This is the most gutted I have felt in years after a loss. That opening half was as sharp as I have seen us for years. Snake and Gift.....wow!! They were just simply on fire. But everyone was playing superb. At half time my only thoughts were how much pain and embarrassment can we heap on the Storm?

I'll give the Storm credit they never gave up and showed character to win that.....but we sure gifted it to them. Tonights loss just feels very very empty.

Manly gifted their possesion over a great number of times. So its all within their control to practice holding the ball :cool:

The inconsistent Refereeing is out of their control. So don't waste energies on being dudded.

Hopefully we have a media blackout regarding the Officials from now on at Manly. They won't change, and thats the framework from now on :cool:

I can't see Snake playing any time soon, so Manly need to adjust ASAP :idea:

The season began as it ended :dodgy:

Yeah im pretty gutted.

Snake did not get off to a good start injury wise (which is concerning).

The one sided reffing really annoyed me aswell as it felt that we were reffed out of the second half.

And that pass by DCE in extra time... what was he thinking.

Eagles2nv said:
Yeah im pretty gutted.

Snake did not get off to a good start injury wise (which is concerning).

The one sided reffing really annoyed me aswell as it felt that we were reffed out of the second half.

And that pass by DCE in extra time... what was he thinking.
I think you will be lucky to see Brett playing full games for Manly, once you do a hammy they are a pain to get right and in Bretts case with all his knee dramas its going to be an off and on situation. I am worried about Manly this year being Premiership Contenders, its a long way to go and I hope I am wrong but I think with all the new players and changing etc. whether the team gels properly. Wait and see how the next games go.

Holden Cup was the only team who won tonight, congratulations to these guys ! 34/20. The ball is still staying in the forwards too much and being starved to the fast guys in the backs, which was proven and in ( games of last season ) in the 2nd half when the Storm started coming back stronger, the Manly forwards who are basically running the show, trying to score tries and then tackle etc were getting tired after doing too much work and their backs are still nice and fresh. This team would be so much better with Decent Halves, they still have their five eighth kicking at times on the 3rd straight to the opposition hands. Manly need to get the ball out wide against Souths and get the Souths forwards tired to prevent injuries upfront. There are a few good players in this team and one of them is Taylor who is playing center this year was an ( Australian Schoolboy Winger last year ) has been defending non stop and making lots of ground in scoops, but needs to be getting more ball on the run with his speed, should be the strike weapon for this team and would love to see him under great halves in Evans and Foran and under a better game plan.

Manly NSW Cup were Obliterated. Nothing New but were Disgraceful. 50/10. The Coach needs to go. There are unhappy boys I am hearing in the team and unhappy Holden Cup boys who will find themselves playing at some stage in this team as well and probably under this coach. Enough is enough.

I picked Manly to win by 13+ . After 35 min I thought like most of you it was Eagles by 40 - but then something happened ... Manly just stopped playing and Melbourne started .
Most of you will blame the refs but it went like this - Manly score 4 tries then Storm score 4 , quite incredible - then golden point ! Mind you Melb bombed another 2 tries .
That winger Waqua is a very good player .

we should find out how much to buy a penalty and how much to ignore dropped balls/forward passes

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7