Most Improved Players 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Theres some standout individual improvers in early 2013.
Hate to admit it but the biggest improver imo is Hargreaves, who has had a deserved past history known as a thuggish player, so easily drawn into penalties by the opposition & went missing at times.
Now finally living up to his early promise by trampling defenders, smart offloads, bruising tackles & is motivational to his teammates.
Also have to mention Lawrence who was always rated as an athletic foward at the Titans but has offered far more than that with Manly including line breaks, offloads, big hits & has lifted his intensity like most do at the Seaeagles.
Also Taufua, who last season combined magic attacking moments with poor errors. Obviously his 1st season last year so mistakes are sure to plague most new wingers in the NRL however, his improvement in 2013 has been drastic imo with safer hands, leaping for the high ball & perhaps even more deadly in attack.
Obviously many more, so who & why??

Jamie Soward. From not wanted useless hack to marquee signing is a pretty big improvement.

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to James Maloney when he was at the Warriors, but in the couple of Roosters games I've seen this year I've been impressed with his work. Much more attacking skill and running game then I gave him credit for.

By years end I hope and believe it will be Symonds and he's certainly started that way - cant argue with JWH either he is on the way to fulfilling his promise.

As for Jamie Soward - I know if I was a Penrith fan and getting lapped by a stack of points most weeks - I would be ecstatic that we are now able to kick field goals from anywhere on the park. Problem solved !

MadMarcus said:
No bias there tookey?

How about T-Rex, Oldfield and Whare?

I thought that the post said most improved players and not biggest dud signings for 2013.

T-rex has been **** this year, Oldfield is in NSW cup and whare drops more balls than he catches at fullback and also plays for a team who will struggle to win any more games this year.

tookey said:
MadMarcus said:
No bias there tookey?

I thought that the post said most improved players and not biggest dud signings for 2013.

T-rex has been s**t this year, Oldfield is in NSW cup and whare drops more balls than he catches at fullback and also plays for a team who will struggle to win any more games this year.

Playing in a crap team, James Segeyaro has been a standout. He played really well against the Titans.
Even though Parra are rubbish this year as well their props Mannah and Allgood are both going good.
Tohu Harris for the Storm has come through to be picked for NZ.
Our buys are the biggest improvers which is a big reason we are No. 2.

tookey said:
MadMarcus said:
No bias there tookey?

T-rex has been s**t this year, Oldfield is in NSW cup and whare drops more balls than he catches at fullback and also plays for a team who will struggle to win any more games this year.

But the experts said we wouldn't be competitive without T-Rex and co and that we had purchased a bunch of nobodys.... Surely the Bulldogs, Dragons and Panthers are leading the comp now with the wonderful talent our incompetent management let get away?

It's like 2010/2011 all over again. When our incompetent management let Hodkinson get away to the best run club in the game, the Bulldogs, at the end of the 2010 season I knew our chances for the 2011 season were shot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4