Moving to Bris Vegas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Lads,

I have accepted a new job in the Vegas

Apart from tips on how i can make sure my son grows up a blue (with maroon blood) any other tips? We are looking to rent somewhere like Bulimba or Paddington???

Kangaroo Point.

I am always confused by Brisbane. It's just one of those odd cities who's layout does not make any logical sense.

Queensland living is good living though. I may catch at the normanby for a sunday sesh soon

Another place we are looking at

It is crazy how cheap it is. For what we will rent out our 2 bedroom unit near Manly we can rent a nice house pretty much where ever we want!

Yup prices there are good, the qhole of QLD is like that, though Sunny coast goes up a bit depending on where you live there.

I like Kangaroo point, its a nice suburb and close to everything. A bit like Neutral bay

i would point out qhole as a spelling error, where talking about Qld you should have dropped the q :)

Isz

E-Mail at [email protected] with any questions you might have.

Paddo is super close to the city (and a bee's dick from Suncorp).

If you work in the city it's all about being as close as possible

I am not a Real Estate agent so won;t try and sell you anything

Also need to make sureyou are on (or get on) my mailing list of SEQ supporters.

Cheers mate, the winters are fantastic the summers are ****e!!

But you'll love it

I have a freind at DOCS.

I'm sure she'll be able to find your kid a new home in the land of his birth.

Dan - I like the idea of a neutral bay....

Mark - will email you when we get a bit closer to looking for a place. We are getting put pu by the company i am going to for a month so have a bit of time

As for summer bring it on...hotter the better...

Looks like i might be joining a few of the days at Suncorp / Skilled!

Duff - I am moving from Gods country. Anywhere is else (even in Sydney) is child abuse....

Not that fussed by that either...but the misses is not a fan (something to do with frizzy hair - being a nude nut i do not have that worry...)

Its funny I find Brisbane more Humid than it is up here.

Mate you are only 1.5 hours from the Sunny Coast. Spend some weekends up there. And it's not too bad of a drive from vegas to the goldie too on the weekends.

I don't like Brisbane much but there are some very nice places just a short drive away

The misses and I were just talking about that

Our weekend away was the hunter valley / Port Stephens....now it will be Noosa (and the Noosa Tri!)

Biggest issue is finding a local footy (soccer) team to play for

Flip link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=185160.msg292034#msg292034 date=1283892859]
As for summer bring it on...hotter the better...

mmm, its the humidity that will totally f**k you. Still hate it after 20 years here.
[/quote]  Not in Mapleton.  We're above the humidity here.  A little bit of altitude makes a big difference.

Humidity isn't that bad. And it would be better near the river than out in the burbs.

Plus on the weekends its a short run down to the Goldie for a swim or up to the Sunny Coast for that matter.

Mooloolaba will remind you a fair bit of the Corso without all the backpackers and scum that you get around there

Was down at the corso yesterday
They are renovating the shark bar (new brighton) and must have been working on the sewage.....phew.....

Isz

The humidity is a bit of an issue, but after 5 years here it's not too bad if you are not an outside worker...if you were a Builders Labourer it would be a killer, but I am assuming you are not.

I work in an air conditioned office and so it's really home to work and work to home that's ordinary.

Another secret is to rent (buy) a house, unit, townhouse that's on a hill...I live in Taringa (a VERY hilly suburb abut 5 Kms out of the city) and my townhouse has fantastic breezes through...we have air con as well but only ever have that on when we have family or guests staying, otherwise by dark it's pretty cool.

BUT live on the flat and it's a different thing.

Some of the newer more modern homes / units etc...look fantastic but are nothing other than hotboxes.

I'd suggest looking in the middle of the day, opening up all the windows and feel what comes through....we looked at about 15 places to buy up here and the day we walked into our home (January and the height of summer), the agent opened up all the windows and I said in 10 seconds...this is the one!!

Great plan

I am about as far from a outside worker as you can get (marketing!)

The company i am moving with is putting us up for 4 weeks then we are on our own. My wife has only one request...that we live somewhere with a bit of spirit....ala Neutral Bay in sydney

Kangaroo point is definitely where you want to live then. If I had to live in vegas I would probably look to live there, close enough to the city without feeling like you are right in the middle of the city and a decent vibe.

If you want real spirit move to the Valley haha

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7