Mullane's proud reign at an end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
We have a new person to proudly wear the tag of "worst player to represent Manly at five eighth".

Take a bow Jamie Lyon.  Given you're paid around $20,000 per game, that would have to be the most abjectly inept performance we've seen in donkey's years. 

I thought the Canberra vs Penrif game was parlous, but it had nothing on the debacle screened out of Newcastle. 

I would have to agree.

Put the man in centre, we all could see it everyone in the world could see it.

Why oh Why can't Des. I hope they start a Sunshine Coast team, then I have someone else I can sort of support

I suspect Lyon know he's crap at 5/8th and is playing with that knowledge in mind.  He's always been a centre and it bewilders me why Dazler plays him out of position.  It's as though he just can't back down and acknowledge the error and look to coach up a 5/8 from the lower grades. 

DSM5 that sounds remarkebly like the boneheaded admin team of the past that we use to struggle to deal with here

Lyon is one of the best centres in the game, IMO.

For me, it would be like playing Andrew Johns on the wing. IT JUST WOULDN'T HAPPEN.

exactly right fLIP one of if not the best centre in the game, when he plays there we look dangerous.

Matabele link said:
We have a new person to proudly wear the tag of \"worst player to represent Manly at five eighth\".

Take a bow Jamie Lyon.  Given you're paid around $20,000 per game, that would have to be the most abjectly inept performance we've seen in donkey's years. 

LOL. That's harsh (remember Sam Harris played a couple at 5/8), but difficult to argue with on that performance tonight. I deadset thought he had gone off in the second half because I didn't sight him for about 20-25 minutes there at one stage.

I think Hasler and Lyon need to spend a day or two in the room full of mirrors having a good long look

Des: I'm trying to think where I would play Lyon.
Cleal: Well he's played 95% of his football at centre.
Des: Right.
Cleal: Represented NSW and Australia at centre.
Des: That's interesting.
Cleal: Oh and he's dominated the ESL at centre.
Des: I see.
Cleal: Yes, so I think we all know where he should play.
Des: Yep, you don't need to tell me twice, we just found our long term 5/8.
Cleal: Uh no, that's not.......
.......... and Des has already walked off mumbling something about the enhancing the rub of the green.

Time for a YART:-

01. Michael Bani
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steve Matai
05. Steven Bell
06. Brett Stewart
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Josh Perry
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Glenn Hall

Out there I know...espescially fullback and 5/8...but we have to try SOMETHING don't we?

DSM5 link said:
Dan, are you saying we should persist with Lyon at 5/8th?

context mate context.

No I am saying we look dangerous when he is at centre!

Though we do look dangerous with Lyon at 5/8 but just to ourselves

Menzies to 5/8, Matai & Lyon Centres with Bell missing out.  Le'Strange for Willow and Jack A or Hall for Bryant.

Garts link said:
Menzies to 5/8, Matai & Lyon Centres with Bell missing out.  Le'Strange for Willow and Jack A or Hall for Bryant.

Agree with every change 100%

Ryan link said:
Time for a YART:-

01. Michael Bani
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steve Matai
05. Steven Bell
06. Brett Stewart
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Josh Perry
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Glenn Hall

Out there I know...espescially fullback and 5/8...but we have to try SOMETHING don't we?

Replacing Lyon with another player out of position, no thanks. Just stick anyone with solid defence and a decent long kicking game in at 5/8.

The thing is, Lyon played centre the entire 2nd half, and had even less impact in the centres than he did at 5/8

I don't know where we go with him at the moment tbh, I don't rate Menzies any higher at 5/8 than Lyon tbh

Ryan's YART had something.  Stewey at 5/8th.  His impact at fullback has not been great this season (OK, only two games) but he's quick, can pass, tackle and kick and seems to have a brain.  Bani at fullback is OK, and Robbo on the wing, Lyon at centre.  Lockyer made the move with some success.   

I would hate to see Stewart moved to 5/8

Not saying he couldn't do the job, but we just lose a point of attack, and a very valuable one, doing that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4