Mundine vindicated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
All this talk about the parlous state of Aboriginal Australia, the Prime Minister's tears and determination to change etc must surely vindciate all that Anthony Mundine has been saying about his people in recent years? It's a shame he had to take so much flak for it before his message gets through.

I notice even this site's resident racist is now singing from the same hymn sheet as Mundine!

This issue hasn't been spoken about at all in the polls or media over the last year or so. So it's hardly an election issue.
I do agree that it will be seen as being pro-active because of an election year. But I can't recall anything like this being done in 30 odd years. So why didn't Hawk or Keating attempt to tackle this issue?

The fact is some good is sure to happen from this and you would prefer them to do nothing as they will only score political points.............for being pro-active!

If he wasn't using his comments for personal gain like you say, then I would feel a little sorry for the man. But I don't.

I'm not a racist, but I just don't like black pricks that use their people’s problems for personal gain.

Also I have never heard him talk of a solution or anything which would help them.

Mata please show me something that proves otherwise. About your hero Mundine the ….twit.

So it doesn't occur to you chaps that through his natural athletic ability he has achieved a level of worldwide prominence that few, if any, indigenous people will reach?

And that rather than "using" the aboriginal people for his own ends he uses his position as a platform to let the world know the injustices that Howard has finally "recognised" after 11 1/2 years in office?

Do you really think he gets off on bucketloads of redneck, racist abuse?

I saw a piece on the news last night on how Mundine had taken Nathan Brown's brother into his home for 6 months and helped him tackle his heroin addiction. That is something tangible and working at a personal level. Well done from me for one thing I am now aware of.

So it doesn't occur to you chaps that through his natural athletic ability he has achieved a level of worldwide prominence that few, if any, indigenous people will reach?

And that rather than \"using\" the aboriginal people for his own ends he uses his position as a platform to let the world know the injustices that Howard has finally \"recognised\" after 11 1/2 years in office?

Do you really think he gets off on bucketloads of redneck, racist abuse?

Oh, so Howard is doing it because Mundine is such in influence?

That is a red herring you have thrown in - even if it does hold water.

Why don't you give a straight answer Byso?

I saw a piece on the news last night on how Mundine had taken Nathan Brown's brother into his home for 6 months and helped him tackle his heroin addiction. That is something tangible and working at a personal level. Well done from me for one thing I am now aware of.

Mundine would be better of telling the world that he did something like this and then people would see him a different light.

[quote author=ManlyBacker]

Mundine would be better of telling the world that he did something like this and then people would see him a different light.
[/quote]

If he's brother is a St's supporter I can understand why he's on the gear. He probably has top put up with Brownies excuses as to why they are so crap.

The circular argument continues. (I don't think Byso is a racist by the way but he is blinkered to the exploits of 'dishonest' John.

Mundine is clever and I am sure there are good things he does and has done. However, is public persona and private character may well be very different, but to claim he has drawn world-wide attention is drawing a thin bow in my view. His ego and his sporting ambitions are pretty big and Mundine uses the race card to maximise them!! He's clever but not necessarily effective.

That's a bit below the belt Byso. I wouldn't wish a heroin addiction on anyone.

It was a joke, I'm sure most wouldn't wish any i'll on anyone......like hoping a player breaks a leg during a footy game....etc, etc.

bit of a difference between the two.

Quite frankly not at all.

An drug user brings ill health too themselves. So I generally have little simpathy for them. But rarely do I make light of it. But being linked to Brown. I guess I couldn't help but come up with the obvious joke.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2