MWSE forum closed down today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

They have just closed down the forum on MWSE.

Good news for ST  

Dear Sea Eagles Members,

There has been recent discussion both within and outside of the Club about what is acceptable conduct on the members-only forum.

While the Club does not want to censor its member’s views and discussions, at the same time we cannot be a respected and professional NRL Club and have our own members commenting negatively, controversially and sometimes disrespectfully about players, staff or other NRL issues on an official Club forum.

The last few weeks have been spent monitoring the forum closely as I’m sure you are aware. We understand that the majority of our members are not involved in this negativity however unfortunately we do not have the staff to monitor the forum as closely as required to ensure the Club’s brand and respectability are maintained.

In addition to this, the feedback we have received from members is that they do not want to be censored and feel that they should be able to comment on all aspects of the Club.

For this reason the Sea Eagles members-only forum will be shut down. We understand that our members enjoy discussing all things Manly and the NRL and do not want to be the reason this no longer occurs. Therefore the forum will continue running until tonight to allow our members some time to discuss where best to continue any further discussions which we encourage.

The Club in no way disagrees with forums being used however in the interests of our members freedom of speech and the future of the Club’s reputation we would prefer discussions take place in a non-official capacity.

Members will still be the first to hear all the Sea Eagles news through the members-only emails, Des’ Diary and a new interactive members-only area on the website which will be up and running in 2011.

We thank you for being loyal members of the Sea Eagles and hope that you can respect the Club’s decision and continue to support your team and players… the mighty Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Admin
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

I agree.  The club doesn't need to be involved in monitoring a forum these days as it has better things to do.  

Time for us to move to a new server sooner rather than later by the looks of it

there is a long held hatred for us which means many wont. But hopefully they do. I just need to get us to a new host within the next few days to better handle the traffic

A few over there hate Silvertails Dan, but a lot of the new ones don't have any knowledge of the past and so I'd expect huge volumes to sign up.

I will do my best to promote Silvertails to my data base (as I have done already) and I;d be surprised if many stay away.

Silvertails is the new MWSE Forum  (as such) and yes you ARE going to need a bigger server.

Am starting the migration tonight but will take a good week until we are there :)

I am going to look at setting up a new forum space as well for MWSE folk or those that don't want the negative talk etc. And see if that helps some

Dan link said:
Am starting the migration tonight but will take a good week until we are there :)

I am going to look at setting up a new forum space as well for MWSE folk or those that don't want the negative talk etc. And see if that helps some

There maybe a need for a grievance counselling section on the new forum; and maybe a little waver telling new members (who are used to the sensitivities of the MWSE forum) that tackle football is played here and not touch football  ;)

some folks might take time getting used to not having to tick the pop up that reminds you that no swearing ect is permitted.

I wouldn't worry about a seperate forum Dan to be honest...?

Your site is getting promo's from regular posters on MWSE and word will spread pretty quickly.

Most of the members know each other now from games/trips etc (or at least by reputation or forum name) so will more than likely move here to keep in contact with each other.

Mind you, from time to time I do feel there is likely to be some very spirited debate between the locals here and the "newby's" coming in to town......

Good result for you though mate?

Every one just needs to get along.

Also new members need to be accepted too

Oh well, it was destined to happen. I wonder if the club will start monitoring our forum.......hehe

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2