MWSE Member Update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The latest Member Update is available for viewing at the MWSE website.

The member update contains information on the following topics:

* CHECK IN TO WIN!

* ROUND 2 TICKETS – CENTRAL COAST STADIUM

* CENTRAL COAST FERRY EXPERIENCE

* MEMBERSHIP CARD AND CAP COLLECTION

* COUNTRY WINGS, SUPPORTER WINGS AND NEXT GENERATION UPGRADE FULFILLMENT

* ROUND 3 – SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTY RETURNS TO BROOKVALE

* BEAVER’S BACK!

* PURCHASE A LIMITED EDITION MEMBERS JERSEY

Click here to read the full Member Update at seaeagles.com.au

Sunday Footy show had an interesting Membership Race graphic. Basically there are about 23k new Memberships sold this year.
1 Broncos +3940 to 22644
2 Easts +2511 to 14093
3 Souths +2337 to 28169
4 Penrith +2230 to 10036
5 NZ +1617 to 7638
6 Parra +1429 to 14386
7 Saints +1240 to 15981
8 Wests +1187 to 6977
9 Manly +1170 to 10522
10 Storm +1120 to 12292
11 Dogs +1107 to 13426
12 Raiders +893 to 7193
13 GC +675 to 7743
14 Sharks +667 to 6940
15 Knights +639 to 14939
16 Cowboys +540 to 10892

All amazingly low considering the $30 minimum Membership cost :s

HappilyManly said:
Sunday Footy show had an interesting Membership Race graphic. Basically there are about 23k new Memberships sold this year.
1 Broncos +3940 to 22644
2 Easts +2511 to 14093
3 Souths +2337 to 28169
4 Penrith +2230 to 10036
5 NZ +1617 to 7638
6 Parra +1429 to 14386
7 Saints +1240 to 15981
8 Wests +1187 to 6977
9 Manly +1170 to 10522
10 Storm +1120 to 12292
11 Dogs +1107 to 13426
12 Raiders +893 to 7193
13 GC +675 to 7743
14 Sharks +667 to 6940
15 Knights +639 to 14939
16 Cowboys +540 to 10892

All amazingly low considering the $30 minimum Membership cost :s

I thought the cheapest Adult memebership was $80 (Supporters wings).

The $30 is for the baby memebrship and in reality it will be an add-on to an adult membership.

You can get the Beaver's Back membership for $30.00. Great way to show your support if you can't get to games or can't afford the full supporters membership.

See links below

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/content/seaeagles/club/news/2013/12/05/beavers-back-membership.html

https://nrl.ticketek.com.au/SeaEaglesIntegration/Home.aspx

The NRL has lagged behind the AFL for years on membership.....in the old days you just bought a season ticket, and that was about the only "membership" that existed, the real push for NRL membership has really only been in the last 5-8 years.

My wife is a life long Collingwood supporter (yes born down there)...doesn't follow it much these days but with that lot it's "once a member always a member" (as long as you keep paying).....they have something like 80 or 90 thousand members and membership has been sold since she was a child growing up down that way.

If you live in Victoria, and support an AFL side you ARE a member, ximple as that and EVERYONE is....kids, parents, grand parents....they get the lot in.

If you are not a member peer pressure gets you in, they are just so so successful in their campaign for membership that no one is just a "supporter" they are all members of their clubs.

Like many of you here I have been to all the Grand Finals at the Olympic Stadium we have appeared in, and it NEVER ceases to amaze me how we can get 50K people turn up in Manly gear, and have 10K in members.

Just imagine how profitable our club would be if those other 40,000 fans just bought a basic $30 membership, we can't fit a whole lot more in to seating, and the hill is appealing to some and not to others, but you'd imagine the bulk of those 40K just watch on TV so we aren't going to seat them, or see them at games but how can we get them in???

And our club would be no different to the others, Souths has 28,000 members but probably has 100,000 fans in NSW, they like we are only scratching the surface.

Very true Mark. Slowly over time hopefully this will change in the NRL. This is my 5th year as a Manly member & I often wonder why it took me so long to sign up.

I've found giving Manly memberships (3 game ones) to family members works well at Christmas time. Plus my kids know under the Christmas tree will be their Next Gen Manly membership :)

Seriously, our membership numbers are piss poor considering how successful we have been in recent years.

It's verging on embarrassing.

Frank said:
Seriously, our membership numbers are piss poor considering how successful we have been in recent years.

Perhaps. But I believe it's because NRL is now a TV sport. The games are played at night, and all are on Foxtel or free-to-air. I know dozens of people who profess to be Manly supporters but I can never get them to a game because it is too comfortable sitting on a couch at home. When you think about it, attending a match every second week costs about the same as a subscription to Foxtel (I think I'm right here: I don;t have Foxtel).

Does anyone know what the go is with the member achievement pins ?? I clocked over 10 years this year and was wondering whether anyone else is in the same boat (or 2 or 5 year milestones) and whether they had seen a pin yet ?

The Who said:
Frank said:

Perhaps. But I believe it's because NRL is now a TV sport. The games are played at night, and all are on Foxtel or free-to-air. I know dozens of people who profess to be Manly supporters but I can never get them to a game because it is too comfortable sitting on a couch at home. When you think about it, attending a match every second week costs about the same as a subscription to Foxtel (I think I'm right here: I don;t have Foxtel).

Perhaps but I see membership with the view to "belonging" to the club. Initially I failed to see you point. I didn't understand how game attendance had anything to do with membership. Then I realised of course that most membership packages are ticketed.

I can't remember what my package is called. I'm from Canberra and I always renew with the same 3 game ticketed membership. I may, or may not, use those tickets in a season. I can never predict if I can get to Brookie in any given season but it is NEVER a consideration when renewing my membership.

Besides, all club fans have the same option of watching on Foxtel/free-to-air or going to games. Other less successful, less awesome clubs have better numbers. I don't get it.

The Who said:
When you think about it, attending a match every second week costs about the same as a subscription to Foxtel (I think I'm right here: I don;t have Foxtel).

I have Foxtel with the works, which ain't cheap but I can justify it.

However, I still think I spend way more than that on footy trips over the year, when you include a few nights a year in hotels, flights if going interstate, petrol for away games, tickets, even public transport around Sydney etc. And then how much more you spend on food and drinks at all the grounds.

But you do what you have to if you want to attend as many games as possible each year.

Chip and Chase said:
Does anyone know what the go is with the member achievement pins ?? I clocked over 10 years this year and was wondering whether anyone else is in the same boat (or 2 or 5 year milestones) and whether they had seen a pin yet ?

Email the membership as it was their idea.

I got the 5 year one last year, but it was much later in the year. Pin is the operative word as its the size of an earring stud :)

Paid for memberships today. There's two Brookie games in the upcoming school hols. Can't wait to get on that hill.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6