1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MWTS Annoucement

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Mark from Brisbane, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +14,858 /288
    Guys

I just wanted to advise everyone that I retire from full time work this Friday the 28th June.

A little short of my 60th birthday BUT what the heck, no time like the present to start enjoying the rest of my life.

I have been working 40 years, and have run my own business for 35 of those years. I have seen the world (many many many times), in fact everywhere except the great land down south and so now it's time to see my own country.

I started the MWTS in 2005 when I first moved to Brisbane, went to a Broncos game, saw a heap of fans all sitting everywhere and thought "I have to change that". And despite a slow start the MWTS are now a force to be reckoned with (which I am sure you'll all agree).

Vidmar and I won't let the MWTS down, we are working on some contingencies right now to have it continue and will make an annoucement when we can....BUT in the interim, I am "out of here".

Friday is my last day and then early next week I head off for an almost 2 month 4WD adventure through the middle of Western Australia across to the Northern territory and back into Queensland...and that's only the start of what we have planned.

This isn't "farewell", I'll still be a contributing member of Silvertails but I'll be talking more of a "back seat" with the MWTS.

Cheers all and GO MANLY

• Like Like x 7
    • globaleagle

globaleagle Le ver vert va vers le verre vert! Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +9,334 /72
      Well bugger me with a fish fork.

Congratulations good Sir, congratulations!

• manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
      Ratings:
      +6,341 /134
      Enjoy your retirement Mark. You have earned legend status amongst Manly fans everywhere for all your hard work running the MWTS.

• Like Like x 1
      • Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +6,844 /51
        Mmmmmm........... retirement.

Enjoy yourself, no doubt you've earned a break. Living in Moree all those years chipping cotton couldn't have been much fun, and then the added punishment of living in Queensland and having to deal with Queenslanders on a daily basis.

• Frogz

Frogz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
        Ratings:
        +1,587 /39
        Congrats Mark and I wish u a long and happy, healthy retirement.
        Never met u or been on a trip with u, but u have obviously done a tremendous job in getting more and more Manly fans all over the world to follow the Mighty Sea Eagles. Life membership to the MWTS is a guarantee.

Cheers

• dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
        +50 /0
        Enjoy the trip , hopefully you will be basking in the glory of the Blues restoring the correct balance of power to the world of rugby league by the time you take off .

• HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
        Ratings:
        +13,380 /291
        First we lost Mouse, now Mark:(

Hope to see you at more Sydney Games at least :idea:

@Vidmar, are you still kicking on? :D

• The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +450 /8
        Mark you lucky bastard.

Good luck mate :)

• dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +926 /7
        Enjoy retirement and the trip. Most jealous would love to do that.

• Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
        Ratings:
        +6,346 /93
        Mark we have been chatting over email but id like to echo my sentiment. You have been a valuable sponsor and partner for Silvertails and your contriburion to bringing supporters together has been second to none. Thank you and enjoy retirement.

If your grey nomad retirement drags you through my neck of the woods let me know and we will catch up. Enjoy it mate

• niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +5,784 /51
        Good on you Mark. Enjoy your time and may you convert many to support Manly on your travels. I can picture little Sea Eagles Supporter hubs popping up all over the country.

• bones

bones Bones Knows

Ratings:
        +9,036 /102
        Don't believe him everyone. He is going to the Bulldogs and changing his name to Mark From Belmore.

• Like Like x 4
        • Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
          Ratings:
          +14,858 /288
          Can i just say one thing **** Des Hasler no way I am going there LOL Bones
          [hr]
          Oh and thanks everyone muchly appreciated

• Like Like x 2
          • Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
            Ratings:
            +1,565 /38
            Haha gold. Enjoy those dusty red dirt tracks Mark! Post some travel pics GE hat style :)

• vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +276 /0
            Oh for sure!...I'm not nearly as old as Mark....

• CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
            +363 /0
            You old bugger :)

Mark you have given many of us experiences of a lifetime. England in 2009 was amazing as have been the many game day experiences you have offered for both qld games and grand finals.

I hope if manly do win a premiership you may come out of retirement for a WCC III tour :). Hope you have a blast on you 4wd adventures.

• Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
            Ratings:
            +14,858 /288
            Thanks everyone, and Cam you never know !!

• ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
            +971 /7
            Onya Mark. Have a great time and thanks for everything you have done.

• Like Like x 1
            • Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
              +4,675 /166
              So now do we get comments from Mark the person rather than advertising for Mark the tour operator more often?

• Like Like x 1
              • globaleagle

globaleagle Le ver vert va vers le verre vert! Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                +9,334 /72
                Send him your email address and he'll email you his answer!

;):cool::D

• Like Like x 1