MWTS - Canberra weekend 24/25 Aug

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
It’s the first time for a long time that we head to our nation’s capital and I’ve heard from all manner of people that they and others are heading down for the weekend so the boys should be well supported come Sunday.

There are still spots available on the supporter’s bus that leaves Saturday morning at 10.30 (a.m. Bones!) and comes back directly after the game and also a number of other options for those who only need bits and pieces of the tour….see here for more details and to book.

https://secure.ticketdesq.com/book/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&TicketDesqID=1073&OrgID=15975

I know there are a few heading down on Friday so feel happy to post in this thread any plans if you are interested in catching up with others who will be there early?

The tour group is staying at the Mercure Hotel on the Saturday night and we’ll have a function on (All welcome) there which will include a chance to hear some insight from the coaching staff including Tooves – which is always interesting - but takes on a whole new significance after last Friday’s game…

If you’d like to spend a couple of hours with our coach see here for details

https://secure.ticketdesq.com/book/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&TicketDesqID=1081&OrgID=15975

For those travelling on the bus we estimate that we’ll be arriving in Goulburn around 1pm on Saturday and we have made a booking at the Goulburn Workers Club for lunch for those that would like to have something to eat/drink.

We’ve arranged a $15 lunch deal which is a choice of Fish and chips, Workers Burger or Chicken Schnitzel burger. This includes a middy of tap beer, glass of house wine or soft drink.

We should then arrive in Canberra around mid-afternoon with plenty of time to check in, relax, catch up with others etc. before the function.

Post function (it finishes at 8 (pm)) I’d dare say that there may be some heading in to town – As there are people staying all over the place then we’re suggesting O’Malley’s as a start point from around 8.30/9.00pm but that will be confirmed later in the week?

http://www.kingomalleys.com.au/

As there is a sizeable group staying at the Mercure then that made the most sense to be based at the pub there for pre-game meeting, food and drinks on Sunday.

For those looking to eat there is a burger/beer deal - a beef burger and schooner of Boags Draft for $19.00 along with blackboard specials on the day. They are also giving us a 10% discount on all spirits, beer, wine and soft drink and juice between 11 (am) and 1 (pm).

The supporters group has been ticketed in Bay 59 for the game so look for tickets there if you’d like to join the group.

Everyone is encouraged and welcome to join us for some/all of the proceedings so come along and if you see someone wearing Maroon and white introduce yourselves and hopefully we'll get to put some more faces to names this weekend.

The Who said:
Is it true that there will be a Special Guest Drinker there?
Blake Ferguson.

Don't think he could even match it with some of the MWTS crew. No names mentioned. :)

There are free busses available on game day to get people to and from the ground.

https://www.action.act.gov.au/news/whatson/raiders#freecharteredbuses

It is recommended that people who will be joining the MWTS for the pre-game get together at the pub at the Mercure hotel and need transport can catch it at the City Bus Station Platform 3 which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

MWSE said:
Mooseheads Saturday night!

Please don't scar our members by dragging them there :D

We had a rule when I was at uni. If its after 2am, and youve ended up at the moose... go home. :s

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6