MWTS Dragons at the Gong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Hi all,
I'm on the dash at the moment so will post more details later re plans for the game but in the meantime just to confirm - The supporters bus travelling to WIN Stadium is now confirmed to go ahead.

Date: Monday June 27

Time: 3.30pm SHARP

Departing: Manly Leagues Club

See home page here http://www.mwse.com.au/ for bus and match day/ticket info.

Seems people will be getting there from 5pm onwards and meeting at the Steelers Leagues club (at the side of the ground)

There is a Manly bay in the grandstand but most of the MWTS have GA tickets to meet on the Hill.

I have a couple of spare GA tickets if anyone needs them - Call me or send me a PM

vidmar said:
Seems people will be getting there from 5pm onwards and meeting at the Steelers Leagues club (at the side of the ground)

Just be aware that in 2009 the beer and food queues were 20+ mins at this club, and it was like a Sardine can in there.

An alternative is Five Islands Brewing Company on the eastern side of the stadium, or Illawarra Leagues Club which is about 5 mins walk up Stewart St from the ground.

There is a great chicken place to eat called Chickos
opposite WIN Stadium and the WIN Entertainment Centre cnr Harbour and Crown streets
There chicken burgers are huge and are to die for
You won't need to eat for the rest of the night so get there 20 min earlier than you planned

manlyforever08 said:
Gonna be my first ever trip to Wollongong Stadium! Shall spend one half with MWTS (other half with friends - it's the arrangement we have).

look for the Push It Up Manly sign and you'll find the group.

Brookie4eva said:
vidmar said:
It was **** that day phil. Memories of their wanker fans barring up because the beat an understrength manly.

Just be aware that in 2009 the beer and food queues were 20+ mins at this club, and it was like a Sardine can in there.

An alternative is Five Islands Brewing Company on the eastern side of the stadium, or Illawarra Leagues Club which is about 5 mins walk up Stewart St from the ground.

I had a chat to BE and he was spruiking that Chicko's place big time so dependant upon what time the bus gets there might head there for a feed.
But , failing that am open to suggestions as to where to meet pre-game (it will of course depend on timings and when we arrive).
Last time down there we only had a bit of time pre-game as (funnily) we had Choc's boots with us that his mum gave us as he'd left them behind and we had to deliver them to the ground (!!)
We bumped in to Cambo outside and only had chance for a quick beer in the club before heading in.
Jono - sounds like you guys will be there before us so suss it out and let me know and I'll let people on the bus know?
I hear Tractor Boy is heading down as is Howard etc and we'll look to catch up with BE and any locals plus people like Bones who are making their own way as well so we can pass the word pretty easily and people can twitter or facebook to keep the rest of the MWTS updated.
We're not difficult to find in the ground so look for us on the Hill and come and join us if you want to be with other Manly fans

I attended the first game we played there in 1982. We lost too! Very different looking ground back then of course.

P18675.jpg

I wish I was going(get there) love that ground.

Another thing The Merge needs to play more games in the Scarlet jersey's of Illawarra. Great looking jersey.

Brookie4eva said:
vidmar said:

Brookie ya bugger i didnt know you were there that day.. i was there. you all had to walk past me to go to the beer shed hahaha .. i was standing near the flag pole on that hill pretty close to halfway..I did meet some guy who was from mt druit of blacktown he hanged there all game offered to get him abeer a few times when i was going for 1 but he knocked em back lol..

Lol,i was there in 2009 to,poor bloke next to me couldnt see the middle of the field,i presume he was around 5"5,me at 6"2 couldnt see the closest 10 metres from touch on the side of the ground i was watching from

Worst hill in the history of hills,hurt to stand on,then all those ridiculous crowd signs just made it worse

If that wasnt bad enough we got ****ed over from the wind to,a gale in the 1st half that didnt do anything in the 2nd when we "had" the wind

The Eagle said:
Lol,i was there in 2009 to,poor bloke next to me couldnt see the middle of the field,i presume he was around 5"5,me at 6"2 couldnt see the closest 10 metres from touch on the side of the ground i was watching from

Worst hill in the history of hills,hurt to stand on,then all those ridiculous crowd signs just made it worse

If that wasnt bad enough we got f***ed over from the wind to,a gale in the 1st half that didnt do anything in the 2nd when we "had" the wind

I remember that. Mauro scored a try that game as well. The power of the mullet!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2