MWTS - Melbourne 10th May AAMI park

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
We are now able to take bookings for the pre-game function for the Storm game on Saturday May 10th.

The event will be held at the Vibe Savoy Hotel at 630 Little Collins St Melbourne (Close to Southern Cross Station) from 4 – 6.30pm.

All Sea Eagles members and supporters are welcome (the venue is family friendly) - entry is free and there will be a cash bar with Happy Hour(s) drinks prices.
The hotel is also offering a very reasonable $10 meal deal to the group.

Due to limited numbers you will however need to register at the link below.

TFE hotels are offering members and supporters 10% off the best available rate at their hotels from 8th – 12th May (see the link below for details)

We’ve also managed to secure an allocation of discounted tickets in the away supporters bay at AAMI stadium but at this stage the order needs to be finalised by this Friday so bookings need to be received by no later than 3pm Friday 2nd May.

UPDATE 1/5/14: We've been given an extension on the deadline so can now take match ticket orders until 5pm Sunday 4th May

See here for details:

http://goo.gl/JDEOl0

GO MANLY!!!

great spot, wish it co-incided with one of my work trips down there.. one day I'll get lucky, was just there last week. I always stay at the vibe savoy. Perfect location. Nice little bar area and the $10 meals are very good, i think i've been through all the offerings and none disappointed. Usually only on offer from 12-4 from memory, so nice little score for the group. There's a really good bar right next door that recently opened up too if anyone plans to start a little earlier and wants to stay in the vicinity.
Have fun you lucky bastards! One day i'll join you.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
....the $10 meals are very good, i think i've been through all the offerings and none disappointed. Usually only on offer from 12-4 from memory, so nice little score for the group.

The people from the hotel have been great in helping offer a range of benefits to the group.
You're right, the meal deal was part of the offering as they agreed to extend it for us.
When I went to see us play at the old Olympic stadium in 2006 and tried to get a group together no one turned up at the venue I suggested (there were a few got together in the ground including AJ & Shane, The Mudgee girls and Mouse)
We've only had this event info live since late last night and we're already at 40+ so we're already looking like getting a good group together.

vidmar said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:
....the $10 meals are very good, i think i've been through all the offerings and none disappointed. Usually only on offer from 12-4 from memory, so nice little score for the group.

The people from the hotel have been great in helping offer a range of benefits to the group.
You're right, the meal deal was part of the offering as they agreed to extend it for us.
When I went to see us play at the old Olympic stadium in 2006 and tried to get a group together no one turned up at the venue I suggested (there were a few got together in the ground including AJ & Shane, The Mudgee girls and Mouse)
We've only had this event info live since late last night and we're already at 40+ so we're already looking like getting a good group together.

No storm supporters have booked yet though, so it's 40-0 our way.

Over 60 now booked for the pre-game with quite a few that I know still to book. Further promo's due on the Sea Eagles Facebook and Twitter feeds with the wider exposure that brings will likely add more so should be a good build up to the game.

EagleBoi13 said:
dam, I've already got cat 1 tickets but will be coming along to pre-game function. cheers guys
That's OK, quite a few have got their tickets already so purchasing a ticket from the link is not a pre-requisite to getting along and joining others pre-game so hope to see you then.
We have a few special guests invited (Not Brett as was the case in Melbourne a few years ago) but the Vibe will still be a focal point for Sea Eagles fans to gather and catch up pre-game in "bandit" country and a good way to help get revved up for the big game.
For those that have tickets already in the away supporters bay who can't make it to the pre-game gathering...from experience it's always possible to find spare seats to be closer to the MWTS group in that bay so look out for the "Push it up Manly" banner, come over, say G'day and get involved?

I'm just finalising some details on an offer of a discounted return airport to accommodation shuttle price for the MWTS group when we get to Melbourne.

So, if you have not booked your trip to town when you arrive - stay tuned as we may be able to save you some dollars?

Just registered for the pre-match function for me and four guests (two are Melbourne relatives, so I presume they will have the sense to avoid wearing purple). The site said there were still 86 spots available.
Looking forward to it

Cheers @Vidmar, looking forward to meeting you guys. the legendary "push it up manly" sign! you guys rock! you travel to every game (always see your sign on tv)?! I was seated not far away from you at last years Grand Final, behind the posts. Was going to come over and say gday but after Hayne rorted us I wasnt in a very social mood :( I live in Melb and always look forward to going to manly v storm game. I also get up to Syd at least once a year to see the boys play (saw them beat the rorters in March, was my bday - best prezzie ever heh!)

We've had a tremendous response from members and supporters who will be there to cheer on the boys in Melbourne next weekend.

Only around 30 spots left for the pre-game now.

Please book your spot here http://goo.gl/JDEOl0 if you intend to catch up with prior to the game to avoid disappointment?

Remember, if you want to take advantage of the discount ticket offer and sit with the group in the away supporters bay we need to have your order and payment by 5pm Sunday 4th May.

vidmar said:
We've had a tremendous response from members and supporters who will be there to cheer on the boys in Melbourne next weekend.

Only around 30 spots left for the pre-game now.

Please book your spot here http://goo.gl/JDEOl0 if you intend to catch up with prior to the game to avoid disappointment?

Remember, if you want to take advantage of the discount ticket offer and sit with the group in the away supporters bay we need to have your order and payment by 5pm Sunday 4th May.

Shame I can't make it. How many have booked?

Problem is I have to catch a train at 2.20am to arrive at Melbourne at 7.30am. Done this same trip last week, it's not that nice.

Then get the the train home at 8.30 am.

Good news is the Vibe is right outside Southern Cross station.

Will speak to the minister for finance tonight or in the morning.

vidmar said:
ManlyArmy said:
Shame I can't make it. How many have booked?

We're up to about 80 or so now

Love to attend, but the wife s expecting a mothers' day brunch the next morning, not a good look if I'm not there.
They should cancel all events during the football season, October to February, I'm happy to go any social occasion, but anything that interferes with the football is a no no.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6