My 2 cents

Rambo1987

Bencher
Orford had some shockers but getting rid of him will take us back 2 years. Unfortunately if there are no top liner halfs around then we need him. Everybody wants him out of the club and a short memory - last years Grand Final he played great and the kick for Robbo's second try was unbelievable.

Foran is too young to have all the pressure on him and we need to start well next year. Keep him at 5/8 for now.

Lyon's best is in the centres. Fitness needs to be looked at - injured alot since halfway last season.

Hodgkinson has not had any First grade expirence and putting him with Foran will be too much for both.

Snake season was over before the kickoff and next year he will need to step up to beat Hayne for the NSW fullback.

Bailey is not a 5/8 and i hope they dont play him there again - a very good backrower thou.

Wolfman had some shockers this year and needs too fix up his defence over the off season.

T-Rex is a forward and not a winger. When he runs hard he is hard to stop another SBW.

Robbo played the season at fullback and hopefully will be back where he belongs on the wing.

Matai all heart but injuries are an issue.

Our forwards did not make the metres this year and struggled. Apart from Choc none of them were consistant through out the year. Chic gave away many penalties again and needs too shut up but he was our best this year.

Glenn Stewart did not show last years form but next year he will be back.

Kite carried us through last years grand final and I dont want us to lose him.

Losing Hall, Cuthbo, JWH and Stranger next will give some new guys a chance but losing Ox will not be the answer - Can anyone think of a half who is on the market right now.

BRING ON 2010 - YEAR OF THE SEA EAGLES JUST WAIT AND SEE.

When you guys have finished with the rose coloured glasses toss them over to me. I need them. It's Monday and I'm Mad!

pffft thats a very rose tinted view.

We strung 2 good games together all year, the rest were very lucky wins

The Titans win was the only standout

Kiwi and CW tied at the hip.  Keep Orford's because he gives 100% for the club.  I would too if I was paid 400K.  Jesus guys, get real.  And Rambo, we'd not lose anything seeing kite off to England.  Losing those two would free up plenty to throw at our up-and-comers.

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi and CW tied at the hip.  Keep Orford's because he gives 100% for the club.  I would too if I was paid 400K.  Jesus guys, get real.  And Rambo, we'd not lose anything seeing kite off to England.  Losing those two would free up plenty to throw at our up-and-comers.
Not sure where i said that we should keep Orford? However, keep seeing what you want to see. I have asked the question as to who is better and haven't knee-jerked about the loss, as gutted as I feel inside. If being balanced and keeping some perspective is being tied at the hip to Kiwi, so be it. If a top line halfback was available at a cheap price, I would buy him tomorrow. Methinks that Hasler, Toovey, Cleal and co may know a touch about recruitment but I am sure they will bow to your superior knowledge and judgement.

I hope their judgment next year improves over this year and they don't invest in crud like they bought this year.

That said our star recruit for next year is big Joe "it's too far to travel" so I'm not holding my breath.

I was debating this morning and the conclusion was that Manly, being Manly, should offer Orford a contract and Orford as a Manly Player should turn it down, go play in England.

Canteen Worker link said:
Common sense on the forum, minus the emotion. Rational, cool and making sense.

Great post Rambo!!!

Sure, but where's the fun in common sense without the emotion?

In agreeing with Rambo and his comment regarding keeping Orford CW, "great post Rambo", you put yourself in the 'we need him for the next 2 years' column.  My comments re Orford are not a 'knee jerk' reaction.  At least I'm consistent in my call for him to go.  I've been on about this all season and last year as well.......as everybody keeps telling me. 

DSM5 link said:
In agreeing with Rambo and his comment regarding keeping Orford CW, \"great post Rambo\", you put yourself in the 'we need him for the next 2 years' column.  My comments re Orford are not a 'knee jerk' reaction.  At least I'm consistent in my call for him to go.  I've been on about this all season and last year as well.......as everybody keeps telling me. 

DSM I agree, do you want to elope?

I did once Dan, but everyone on this site kept rejecting me.  Only now do they see my wisdom and want some courtship. 

DSM5 link said:
In agreeing with Rambo and his comment regarding keeping Orford CW, \"great post Rambo\", you put yourself in the 'we need him for the next 2 years' column.  My comments re Orford are not a 'knee jerk' reaction.  At least I'm consistent in my call for him to go.  I've been on about this all season and last year as well.......as everybody keeps telling me. 
Rambo made about 20 good points of which I accepted virtually all, but you selectively choose the one bit that suits your agenda!! Fine. I frankly don't care what happens re Orford, but I am wary of cutting him loose as I remember what a disaster of a team we were with Robson last year and Monaghan before that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2