My big questions of City/Country

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Why doesn't City play in the royal blue and double gold chevron anymore?

Why doesn't Country play in maroon and double gold chevron anymore?

And whatever happened to the Qld version of the game - they actually played it.

Moondog said:
All the City players should have hyphenated names.
All the Country players should have the same last name.
Yes but the gate takings would be down with only 1 set of parents there to support them

manlyfan76 said:
Country should have a minimum of four players who currently play in the bush.

I think it should be at least 8 from the Groups around NSW.

While he didn't set the world on fire, Paul Field (Cootamundra) was found during a City v Country games and went on to SOO. There must be other "possibles" that the scouts have missed or need to see against NRL standard players?

Thoughts?

Absolutely agree @anthonyb1965.

Not quite sure of how many from the bush should be in...Certainly no more than 8. Half n half then really.
And I reckon it would only increase and heighten the support out here.

Imagine, say yesterday, a couple of the best Group 11 guys in that game in Dubbo?

Would really spice the game up for the locals.

RiverEagle said:
Absolutely agree @anthonyb1965.

Not quite sure of how many from the bush should be in...Certainly no more than 8. Half n half then really.
And I reckon it would only increase and heighten the support out here.

Imagine, say yesterday, a couple of the best Group 11 guys in that game in Dubbo?

Would really spice the game up for the locals.

They were doing that back in the 80's and at about the 60 minute mark City lapped Country.

The last one of those I watched was at Newcastle the (international Sports Centre) in 1985 it was a good game but never amounted to much after half time when the city boys ran away with it because of their fitness.

I think it was even Sterling who captained Country back then - but am unsure.

If you want that why not have a NSW Cup v Country as a curtain raiser?

Actually that's not a bad idea too @Daddycool08.
I do remember when it was NSW Country against City in the 80's. It wasn't much of a contest, which probly explains it's demise.

These days fitness might be a little better in the Country footballers, but you'd need at least half the Country side to be NRL players, if not more.

Or, as you suggest, a best of NSW Cup side against a totally Country team as a curtain-raiser.

They need to look at something to give this concept a boost.

Qld play City v Country still. It's made up of Intrust Super Cup players.

NSW City v Country should be a City team made up of young Fringe NRL players earmarked for a rep career and an actual CRL side.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7