My Complaint to Austar - grrrrrrrr.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Yet again I have been frustrated by the complete and utter useless system that you have provided for us.
We moved up to Queensland and had to give up on Foxtel, who's service and system worked flawlessly, for this 3rd rate useless junk.

We pay extra to have Mystar, yet I barely see the point in doing so since your network not only fails consistently but you can't seem to get your programming and scheduling correct anyway.

In yet another example of making life frustrating your system has managed to ruin for me an event which myself and others were looking forward to.

Last night I diligently configured the useless junk under my television to record the World Club Challenge Rugby League match. I had invited friends over to view it at a more reasonable hour before work, since 4a.m is a tad early, though being avid Manly Sea Eagles fans, we greatly anticipated the match.

So everyone turns up at 6a.m and we settle in to watch the recording of the match, all making sure we had been on radio silence to ensure no one knew the outcome of the game. I press play on the recording of the match and what comes up instead of the World Club Challenge, as listed both in the planner and on FoxSports 3?

"Ultimate Sports" or some such junk which is the show immediately AFTER the world club challenge. Thinking that I had inadvertently exited to live television I went back to press play again, and the same result. So I quickly scramble to watch the pre-game show which I had also recorded in the hope that I could salvage the situation, but what do I get, I get 5 minutes of tennis, a quick intro to the game and 5 minutes of the game, after which it exits.

Your system scheduling is a joke, and it now means that all of us have missed out on viewing the game, and like me, who has not inadvertently been told the score of the game, the magic of watching it without knowing the result has been robbed of me. I now need to wait until midnight tonight to record it or watch it on Channel 9, given that I have absolutely no confidence in the Austar recording functionality I will simply have to stay up late to watch the game, and endure another tired day at work.

There isn't anything that can describe the absolute bitter disappointment that a sports fan faces, when they are not able to watch the game and live the highs and lows of the match, retrospectively. I now no the score, so the one vital thing that makes the game exciting has been taken from me, and I can only watch with vague interest as they head towards a known result.

This has happened to me time and time again on your crap network. We have no other alternative so we have to stay. We have had our box replaced once, because of all the problems with it not tuning in correctly and now this. This issue has nothing to do with the box itself, rather the hopelessly inadequate software that you have installed on there, not only is it flawed in the department mentioned above, but having such major issues as not being able to select the transmitter of your choice, which in my area Wide bay, is required, since we have to transmitters in range, and for some reason your second rate software selects the worst of these two.

I expect a call, and some sort of apology, hell I almost feel like ripping the crap out and giving it back to you, but my partner wants her lifestyle shows! It is sad that there is unfortunately no recourse.

Honestly the amount of trouble we have with this junk is unbelievable. They try to peddle all sorts of excuses at me, when I mention that what they are saying is programatically illogical they change their excuse.

The released the software way too early and everyone has to suffer for it!

Even the installer told me it was junk

over here in bristol it's either sky or virgin media; they both have similar digital recorder boxes. you have to watch them carefully as they don't always record properly.

p

clontaago link said:
Should have just got up at 4am mate.

I was going to, but I have some damn long days of work this week, 7 - 7 or later so didnt want to be too tired

Wheel if I didnt know that already I would have strangled you!

Also Clon, it was on at 4 am up here

My Recording got to 60 mins with the POS box.

Poor form Austar. given the choice i would always select Foxtel.

Zep link said:

Agreed, they always manage to **** it all up. I wonder whether SelectTV would be any better

Dan link said:
[quote author=Zep link=topic=179358.msg209037#msg209037 date=1235947217]

Agreed, they always manage to F**k it all up. I wonder whether SelectTV would be any better
[/quote]
Does SelectTV get all of the Fox Sports channels? I think when I looked into it a while back that they didn't.

Dan agree Austar has alot of problems as we find down here.

Mate we have recorded the match this morning if you want a copy ill send you one ?

Try having no pay tv...i had to drive over to my old mans to watch the game (about 30 min away)

To be fair not a lot of traffic at 4:30 am.....

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179358.msg209040#msg209040 date=1235947591]
[quote author=Zep link=topic=179358.msg209037#msg209037 date=1235947217]

Agreed, they always manage to F**k it all up. I wonder whether SelectTV would be any better
[/quote]
Does SelectTV get all of the Fox Sports channels? I think when I looked into it a while back that they didn't.
[/quote]
Nah, I've just checked them out again and the only sport channels that they have in their "Premium" package are "Euro Sport" & "Sky Racing"

eagle_predator link said:
Dan agree Austar has alot of problems as we find down here.

Mate we have recorded the match this morning if you want a copy ill send you one ?

nah I will stay up and watch it at midnight. cheers anyway

missing_something link said:
Had the same kind of issues with mine so we sent it back and I'm just using the setop box and mythtv - works flawlessly

I have been considering MyTV for a while now....this may be the perfect reason to go for it

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6