My JukeBox - A weekend hobby

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So over the past few weekends I undertook to make a touch screen jukebox for my bar area.

Why?
Well I use to have an iPod that we used for out the back for parties, this iPod took a tumble from the fridge, and I saw a touch screen going cheap. I therefore consulted with the boss lady and she was more excited than I was at the idea of building a jukebox.

With a lot of help from Snoweagle (Rob) we are at paining stage and still loading our songs (90,000 of them)

But thought some of you may like to look at what we have been doing, its been a fun project and I have learned tons and tons!

Let me know if you want any details of software etc.
It has disco lights which are standard Red, Green, Yellow and Blue chasers, which go to the beat of the music. The speaker area is back lit by UV black lights (Cold cathode, powered by the PC) so the speaker cloth glows blue.

It stands free and has taken some shape
[img=300x400]http://phpcoder.org/jukebox/juke.JPG[/img]

We have a screen and the ghost of the speaker frame
[img=300x400]http://phpcoder.org/jukebox/juke_no_speaker.JPG[/img]

Ready for painting
[img=300x400]http://phpcoder.org/jukebox/no_prime_speakers.jpg[/img]

CliffyIsGod link said:
Disco lights, that's a bit gay.

you reckon?

I vote spandex is infinitely more gay, and there are several million club goers who would agree with me!

CliffyIsGod link said:
Really? I am sure you will have fun blasting Kylie Minogue and Gloria Gaynor from your little juke-box.

far more fun that you have parading around for other blokes in your lycra.

You're far more likely to hear coastal chill coming out of this one than any of the above crap you have mentioned.

But Its more of a thing for Leanne than it is for me, so it's probably going to be sending out constant 80's pop or whatever she listens too

Dan seriously, this is so gay.  You couldn't get gayer if you danced in front of it in a hot pink lycra g-string leotard.

Matabele link said:
Dan seriously, this is so gay.  You couldn't get gayer if you danced in front of it in a hot pink lycra g-string leotard.

I plan to do exactly that :) but not lycra, cotton breathes better and isnt as gay :)

The idea mainly sprung from the fact I have never done any woodworking before, not even in Highschool and I am planning on making a new arcade machine so this is good practice

Will you have a mirror ball hanging form the ceiling as well? 

tookey link said:

ha, Leanne bought one for her sisters 21st but I refuse to fix it to the ceiling.

Dan link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181025.msg231823#msg231823 date=1247279713]

ha, Leanne bought one for her sisters 21st but I refuse to fix it to the ceiling.

[/quote]

Keep praying that Leanne doesn't work out how to fix it to the ceiling herself.  

And nothign wrong with music from the 80's.  It was the best decade for rock particularly live acts on the northern beaches. 

[img=300x400]http://phpcoder.org/jukebox/juke_red.jpg[/img]

first coat of top coat

Red! The gay metre has now hit maximum.

Good work Dan, Steve is also working on a Juke box, just without the fancy lights ;)

Byso, what software is he using.

I am debating between partytime jukebox and AlbumPlayer

byso link said:
He's using touch tracks cost around $20- over the web

Yeah I saw that one. I have evaluated a few and trying to go for the best option so dont mind paying, saw some other good ones for $30 odd as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6