My main concerns right now-Jake and Tom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Hi guys,

Obviously we need to focus on continuing to win games to make the 8-But my main concern is the fact we MUST lock in The Trebojevic Brothers bot Jake ans Tom long term.These guys are genuine stars of the fututre and i just feel it in my bones they both will go onto play SOO and for the Kangaroos,so we must lock them in now,I dont really see the point in looking further to other clubs for more backs-This talk about Mccrone Lafai yea they are proven 1st graders but i think we have enough depth to cover our classy backline into next year,we wouldnt want to sign the likes of lafai and mccrone just to lose out on securing tommy t long term!I think manly will know what to do and it will all work out for the best....thats just my concern the fact we must retain these two young guns jake and tom.

Don't panic. They are signed To the end of 2017 to coincide with the new TV deal. My gut is they have maroon & white blood and won't be going anywhere

Dont see them going anywhere. If you have read their interviews they have stated how much they love playing for the Manly club and they feel very honoured. They wont be going anywhere

We have the advantage that they are local juniors and like the Stewart brothers will want to stay together for their careers. I agree that the new TV contract and likely cap increase will allow us to retain them.

Failure to retain them will be a stain on the Penn clan that the fans will never ever forgive that.

I expect upgraded contracts will be offered soon to them.

I'm hoping our moronic administration know what they are doing in relation to our young stars

Jake is a lock for next year probably starting, Tom may spend another year in lower grades due to age and burnout concerns

Don't forget about Gutherson either, he was cemented in fg until injury crueled him

That said all 3 are Manly juniors and big manly fans which will work in our favour monetarily speaking, they are now playing with their idols

They resigned earlier this year.
I would be suprised if JT doesn't play Origin next year. Tom is still a few years away from Origin.
Barrett Better not let these two leave under ANY circumstances

They resigned earlier this year.
I would be suprised if JT doesn't play Origin next year. Tom is still a few years away from Origin.
Barrett Better not let these two leave under ANY circumstances
Good call,i agree i think he is origin bound sooner rather than later!

The Trbojevics (and Gutho) will attract attention from other clubs. Its something we're going to have to deal with. Same thing that happened with the likes of Beaver and Snake.

Tooves has said it and Tommy himself has also said it (which shows he has a good head on young shoulders), he's only 18. Its not like he's like BJ and won't get a chance until he's nearly 30. Snake may hang around for a couple of more years but Killer and Skivy will probably be retiring at the end of next year, 2017 at the latest. Tommy will get his chance.

I think Gutho will be in the same situation. Next year should be interesting trying to fit Snake, Jorge, Killer, Skivy, Peta, Gutho and Tommy into 5 backline positions. Who do you leave out??? Two are likely to spend a fair bit of 2016 in the NSW Cup if everyone stays healthy or Barrett goes old school and has a back or two on the bench.

The only team(s) we're likely to lose Jake to are NSW and the Kangaroos. The kid has emerged as our forward leader and will be for a long time to come. To get MoM against the much vaunted Souffs pack (even if it no longer has Sam or T'eo) shows what we already know and the rest of the NRL is finding out.....he has the goods.

Chrisos, can I politely suggest that you do your research before you launch a panic-ridden thread? It was widely reported that both players were re-signed earlier in the season. I don't think even Joke L.L. Why? and the owners would be obtuse enough to lose these two. And by all reports their dad would never allow that to happen!

No doubt Weidler and/or Rothfield have been given 'more grist for the mill'.

Chrisos, can I politely suggest that you do your research before you launch a panic-ridden thread? It was widely reported that both players were re-signed earlier in the season. I don't think even Joke L.L. Why? and the owners would be obtuse enough to lose these two. And by all reports their dad would never allow that to happen!

No doubt Weidler and/or Rothfield have been given 'more grist for the mill'.
yea sorry about the panic,just really want to give these guys both long term contracts asap cos they are both major future stars :s :s :s

They WILL be stars of the future but from what I've read and seen they will be Manly first and everything else comes after. We've got some great kids coming through atm, we know that Jake and Tom kick ass rather impressively but don't forget Gutherson who'll be back next year and some of the other kids coming through.

I've only seen NYC once and Demetriou impressed the hell out of me as did the young hooker (his name escapes me atm) and the rest of them were pretty good as well. We've also got Buhrer to come back next season as well..

Don't fret @chrisos the future is looking goooood :D

Just get their dad to bring his BBQ along to each home game.
They will be in Zorba's good books for life with sausage sandwichs and once your in that click you can do no wrong.

Just get their dad to bring his BBQ along to each home game.
They will be in Zorba's good books for life with sausage sandwichs and once your in that click you can do no wrong.
Until someone with a bigger sausage comes along..

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7