My Mid Season break concept

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Ok so we hear people complaining about early season player transfers, also people complain about teams losing players to Origin and players whinging about player fatigue late in the season.

So i have a concept that i think will address some of the issues

The NRL has a mid season 3 week (2 weekend) break!

Okay so i hear people hating this already but hear me out.

So the NRL concludes on a Sunday night (Monday game shifted that week) and then the next two weekends are NRL free.

During this 2 week period players can negotiate and sign with other clubs (for the following year). If deals are not concluded during this period then the window re-opens the Tuesday after the GF

State of Origin is played on the 3 consecutive Wednesdays during this period meaning it gains full attention and does not disrupt teams seasons (players would miss the weekend before game 1 and back up after game 3 but hey, nothings perfect)

City v Country and the NRL All Stars match (minus SOO players) are played on one of the weekends each during this period. With the possibilty a NZ v England/France match as well.

I really think this would work

Obviously there are the drawbacks

A) missing our NRL for two weekends - But think it makes the Season 2 weeks longer meaning the off season is shorter. Plus its not like we would be sitting idle, with a frenzy of footy activity happening.

B) Origin players would find it hard to negotiate deals - Tough imo, they can do it after the season

Overall though i think the positives outweigh any small drawbacks, what does everyone think?

I think you have a touch of the Mk's with all these threads today.

Can't say I like the Origin on 3 consecutive Wednesdays idea. If a player is injured or suspended he could miss the whole series. Also makes it tougher for the selectors as there are no games on to consider alternative selections, nor to keep players match fit if there are changes required. I think having it spaced out also adds to the intensity. If players have to stay "up" for 3 weeks in a row it would be mentally draining.

True in regards to the intensity.

In terms of fitness, you can just take a 20 man squad into camp and fringe players play the city v country match

btw, touch of the MK's?

Chip and Chase said:
MK Eagle posting theory....Random Thought = New Thread

LOL, yeah, seems that way :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4