My reply to the cowboys whining

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CAMBO

Reserve Grader
My Response to Neil Henry, Jonathon Thurston and the Cowboys

1. Foran hand of god.
Despite what has been said this didn't cost the cowboys the game. The score was 22-12 manly. Also worth noting that the cowboys 2nd try to Winterstien in the 46th minute of that came as a direct result of the referees missing a blatant strip on Jorge Taufa by Morgan. - source NRL.com game archive

2. What happen Saturday isn't a result of an anti Sydney conspiracy it is a result of incompetence of the referees we have seen all season under Daniel Anderson. Henry Perenara is barely NRL standard let alone up to finals football. The poor fella should never been put in that situation. Many sides have lost games this season due to the extremely poor standard of refereeing.

3. Both the cowboys and their fans have claimed this has cost them a chance of 2 premierships in 2 years. Please get a grip. They came 5th last year and 8th this year after winning 6 in a row to make the finals. Worth noting that only one team in the history of this system has ever won the comp from outside of the top 4 so please stop clutching at straws.

4. The 7th tackle which is a disgraceful ERROR happened in the 8th minute mark. The cowboys had the lead twice more after that but couldn't maintain it. Maybe if the cowboys didn't have this excuse mentality and took accountability for the own short comings, they wouldn't have been 13th after 20 rounds and wouldn't of sacked their coach and would have been in a much stronger position on the ladder.

5 The reaction by Thurston is nothing short of disgraceful. He's one of the games most respected players because of the way he normally handles himself. Actually I would say he's my favourite NRL player outside of the club I support. But his comments on Sunday were petulant and would be what you would expect from an 8 year old. They were not the actions we would expect from one of our games greatest ambassadors. If he isn't fined it will prove how incompetent Todd Greenberg really is.

All the bad decisions and refereeing has Perenara's name somewhere near it. Since we were screwed by him a few weeks ago, every time his name comes up it is usually followed by "...messed (or another verb) up again."

I would like to say something to the fans of all clubs who bagged out Tooves when he went on his rampage a few weeks ago. Imagine if everyone had backed him then, and those in charge actually decided he might have been right instead of just fining him. Perhaps Rugby League might not have had the farce it did over the weekend.

It was poor referreing, a blatant mistake but these things happen our game. However, I'd be happy if Checcin and Perenara never referreed another NRL game...they are the 2 worst!

From what I've read, all the refs bar Matt Rodwell are looking at being suspended for this coming week only (apparently Rodwell was the only one who wasn't supposed to count tackles so he gets away with it). Though I can't see any of them reffing an NRL game again this year.

Thurston has come out and said what he did about a conspiracy for an all-Sydney Grand Final. If this isn't questioning the NRL's integrity (what little they have left really), I don't know what is. But I can see him getting away with it.

If there is a conspiracy at work in the NRL.....why have Melbourne (salary cap issues aside) appeared in 5 of the last 7 Grand Finals? The only conspiracy I see is the push to get Souff$ into the GF regardless of their opponent.

And that scares me because after we get done with Cronulla this week, we meet Souff$ in a knock-out Prelim final. Souff$ don't scare me, I believe we can beat them. What scares me is the refs, especially if Shayne Hayne is assigned to that game.

The cowgirls have become the new Parramatta in the art of whinging!!

Seriously, if Greenturd is fair dinkum, Thurston MUST be fined 10K for bringing the game into disrepute for inferring that there is some sort of Sydney conspiracy to stop the cows or any QLD teams from winning, what a load of crap and a cop out.

Toovey was charged for telling the truth about the officials, at no stage to he say they cheated, what Thurstson has done infers this. What a cry baby and really if hes serious about refereeing have a look at some of the calls his beloved Maroons have got in recent origin games, now he has an understanding of how it feels to be dudded by crap and inept refereeing!!

I can live with a mistake on the tackle count , it can happen as the game is so fast now and sometimes the count has to revert to zero rather than one, but it's the video decisions that really get to me, they've completely taken any benefit of the doubt away, and look for excuses to disallow the try.

I hope this souths/easts conspiracy theory gets as much air as possible over the next few weeks as it can only help whoever plays them get more of a fair go.

Still No word on Tooves' fine then... Must be waiting until our season is over to restrict our fundraising opportunities.

Masked Eagle said:
I would like to say something to the fans of all clubs who bagged out Tooves when he went on his rampage a few weeks ago. Imagine if everyone had backed him then, and those in charge actually decided he might have been right instead of just fining him. Perhaps Rugby League might not have had the farce it did over the weekend.

How true, watched the scum press conf this week and thought what a soft arse bellyache is. Love or hate ricky stuart, he and Toovey are the only ones to stand up and call it how it is

Indeed if there were any genuine attempts to fix games in the finals series it would be to ensure Cronulla lose NOT win a match. The greatest fear of the commish right now would be Cronulla winning the comp not an "out of Sydney team". Hilarious comedy Thirsty!

Thurston saying that he hates Sydney is an extremely broad statement and very narrow minded. The sharks have been absolutely hammered by the Sydney media all season as have the doggies, parra, st George, the tiges and us of course.
He might be right about the favouritism kind of promotions surrounding the bunnies and the chooks.
All other Sydney clubs are fair game. I reckon Johnny needs to move on, cuddle his Maroons jersey and maybe look into some stats relating to the other 6 Sydney clubs

I will give Thurston the benefit of the doubt. He was clearly annoyed and has every right to be. I am sure if hr had his time again he would not make such comments. If it was us on the receiving end we would be whinging just as much, I remember the tears after the Souths game. Or is it only ok for Manly fans to whinge?

Daddycool08 said:
The 1996 Grand Final - Manly V Dogs - enough said.

95 mate. We played St George in 96.

In other news :

there bringing out an accidental poke in the eye on the cowboys winger as well now.
But no mention of Thurston tripping Gallen.

Garts said:
I will give Thurston the benefit of the doubt. He was clearly annoyed and has every right to be. I am sure if hr had his time again he would not make such comments. If it was us on the receiving end we would be whinging just as much, I remember the tears after the Souths game. Or is it only ok for Manly fans to whinge?

I would if it had of been straight after the match but it was a premeditated rant at the airport.

I'd ask J.T. to spell conspiracy and if he can not then he gets the fine.
Maybe if they didn't lose to Brisbane twice and Canberra twice and beat the tigpies and NZ warriors more than once they would finish higher up the ladder and earn a second shot at a GF.

eagles2win said:
Daddycool08 said:
The 1996 Grand Final - Manly V Dogs - enough said.

95 mate. We played St George in 96.

In other news :

there bringing out an accidental poke in the eye on the cowboys winger as well now.
But no mention of Thurston tripping Gallen.

That's right. I seem to think there was also some controversy in the 96 game as well.

It's been going on for years refs make mistakes on both sides they should just suck it up and prepare for next year.

Who knows we may be joining them next week if we don't win against Cronulla. Which of course I hope not but who knows.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4