My thought on manly players being selected for origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Hey guys,i have outlined this point in another post but i just wanted to state my point of view of something about the my thoughts are on when a manly player gets selected for origin or does not get selected-the way i think of it is:
(IMO)

It is great when one of our boys gets selected for origin,it is a reward for playing well,being a generally top class player,and being rewarded for their form,so it makes me happy to think that the certain player is one of our boys,but if one of our boys gets overlooked i am disappointed (because i think, for example SNAKE is BETTER than Dugan so why isnt he in there) but im also happy in the regard that it lessens any disruption it could cause to our team for regular season games,see what i mean? Does anyone else share the same view?

Yeah when a club is struggling financially, winning a premiership can really help alot so i prefer to keep as many of our players out of origin as possible. The issue is its a double edged sword, alot of players can go to another level once they have played origin which they can bring back to the team.

I think we could manage a game or two without Choc but it would affect our go forward no doubt. I would hate to see Snake in this years SOO because if he re-injured his knee i would be devastated, as would he.

torana355 said:
Yeah when a club is struggling financially, winning a premiership can really help alot so i prefer to keep as many of our players out of origin as possible. The issue is its a double edged sword, alot of players can go to another level once they have played origin which they can bring back to the team.

I think we could manage a game or two without Choc but it would affect our go forward no doubt. I would hate to see Snake in this years SOO because if he re-injured his knee i would be devastated, as would he.
yep,thats another thing i mean with disruptions,if snake or another manly boy was injured in SOO that would also affect us.

SOO is a novelty side-line that hangs around for 5-6 weeks each year. The success of the Qld side enables the cane-toad state a bit of kudos each year and gives inter-state rivalry a bit of oneupmanship.

The Premiership is a 6-7 month competition and as such, gives the winners much more than bragging rights. It's remembered throughout history.

Keep the narrow-minded SOO competition to the ppl who have nothing more to celebrate.
Keep the premiership as the big fish and keep Manly fishing for the big one!

I don't like losing players for rep duties but, the players want to play these big games so good on them if they warrant selection.

So people complain about being under the radar when it comes to sponsors etc but would prefer if players are not selected for the biggest game of the year (most exposure etc)

Just ask North Qld who have lost Tonga for a couple of months if it's a good thing to have him in origin. I know I'll get the same old dribble that injuries are a part of the game. I can accept a player getting injured in an NRL game, but I just can't accept it in a side show like SOO and the All Stars games.

Ask any normal player would they swap a SOO series win for a Premiership Ring and they would be brain dead or a Qld nuffie to choose SOO.

SOO disrupts about 1/4 of the season and seriously disadvantages some teams over others and for what? A series that only Queensland cares about. Let's face it Qld care so much about SOO because they have absolutely nothing else to make them feel good.

It's amazing to watch an entire state suffer an inferiority complex.

The thing I would be filthy with in regards to Tonga is the fact that he chose to play on and thus doing further damage to his shoulder.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4