My Thoughts - Orford+, Foran+, King+, Cuthbo-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
Good win. Pity we let them back in - a couple of mistakes and some silly penalties.

Orford played really well again - he kicked well and seemed to control things well. He's also everywhere in defence - pity he falls off a few tackles - but at least he gets everywhere to make them. He's back in form and its no coincidence that we are winning. (I'm not a Orford fan either - I don't mind him but I've never been his biggest supporter - but he is starting to play well).

Foran looks good - in fact Canberra didn't get on top untill he went off. ;)
Good solid debut for the young bloke - hopefully he keeps developing!

King played well - heaps of metres, a few good tackles and a wonderful slips catch running backwards! He made the tackle off the run up the middle of the scrum too - though that's possibly because he doesn't break sideways too quickly. :)

Cuthbo - if he keeps going like this I wont be sorry to see him go. Two drop balls, two silly penalties. So while he's showed promise perhaps our recruitment officers have it right again......

agree,i just got back From brooky,Foran was brilliant and he has alot of pace which he showed in the first try,also looks like he can read the play very well,Orford was solid and had a good kicking game,king stepped up well,and after that performance i also won't be sorry to see cuthbo go,but i will be sorry to see JWH go he was very solid today especially in defence-he put on afew great hits,all in all we dominated it was a deserved win,pity they scored the late tries which were only on the back of penalties and bad ref decisions,i would have been so gutted to see us play that well and lose the game,dominant display and now were in the 8 finally woohoo!

Not a good day for poor cuthbo,maybe he had the sharks on his mind then again it's standard of him to drop balls & give silly penalties away.

JWH looks good - solid. If he keeps improving as his age suggests he'll be great. But we can't keep them all.....

Cuthbo, despite he's been out for a while, was terrible.  His penalties led to a couple of Canberra tries.  The refs weren't perfect either but geez, i could've done without that second half fight back.  Raiders were terrible in the first half and i said to the missus, i'll only relax when we're 20 in front.  

Foran was awesome today.  Didn't he make like 4 tackles in a row?  It'd be interesting if Des left Foran at 6 and shuffled the rest.  Cuthbo can play with the SCSE for awhile... T Williams did ok but nothing spectacular, JWH was above average but we can cover him I'd say, with Rodney and Bailey able to play in the pack...

Farrar - brilliant tackle to save a try.

King played really well, so did Rose i think.  I was surprised to see how many good kicks were made too

King was outstanding today and deserved his Channel 9 MOTM.  He looked a bit stunned to be getting it!

Cuthbertson was dreadful - to the point where he nearly cost us the game with ill-timed penalties and ridiculous dropped balls.  We were saved by the Raiders being rubbish.

If today is an indicator of Cuthbertson's attitude for the rest of the year he should languish in NSW Cup or wherever it is we send over aged tubs of lard.

Matabele link said:
King was outstanding today and deserved his Channel 9 MOTM.  He looked a bit stunned to be getting it!

Finally you have typed something sensible.

The King was superlative today and was totally surpised to receive the award because the channel 9 morons usually give it to some pretty boy back.   

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7