My thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
Having actually been able to make a game at Brookie I was really disappointed with our lost.

These are my thoughts:
- i thought monas looked quite good at 5/8 and that we looked a lot worse when Burns went to 5/8
- dunley looked poor, perhaps WIlliamson (who was barely on and a waste of a bench spot) should have started at hooker and dunley on for impact. Either that or use Burns.
- We kept dropping the ball
- No one was running off Bk or Orford except about twice in the first half
- I am not convinced BK should be captain, Monas spoke to the ref too much, but BK must have spoken to him once. The referring was poor and at least needed a reminder that people were taking notice of what was going on.
- The Canberra try in front of us, Stewart looked like he was taken out. It should have at least been referred up stairs - i could have understood a try or a no try from the video ref, but it looked to me like the ref just wasnt watching what was happening.
- We had some good hard hits, mainly from Lullueuli (sp) i think, which gave us the ball
- WHY DO WE KEEP DROPPING THE BALL
- Orford looked a bit lost, and I absolutly hate the flat line approach - half the time when our team catches the ball they are standing still and not running on - which is costing us metres.
- I thought both Monas's and Orfords short kicking game was quite good - we had a number of drop outs to us and would probably have had more had we not dropped the ball all the time when in good field position.

Good thoughts ads.
- Monas defence was very strong and he stuck to the role of letting Orford do the playmaking. I still think he would be best at hooker but will leave it to Des.
- I only remember one deep set backline from us in 80 minutes. You can't fool all the other teams by having the backs in a straight line on the 5th & 6th tackle and going to the air (and hope for try like Brett's, which was nice).
- You can't break lines when not moving when receiving the ball. Only Bell's brilliance gave us the ability to make a break but the Raiders put on second play consistently and made numerous busts.
- IMO BK as skipper is probably the right move. He is inspirational and uncompromising and time will tell.

Agree with all you comments 'ads'.

When Burns came on their seemed total confusion at the scrum base.

Monas and Burns were tripping over each other trying to get to dummy half. Burns appeared to be under the impression he was meant to be at dummy half. A couple of times Monas appeared to push him out of the way so that he could get into position.

One would have thought that this sort of thing had been sorted out at training.

Regarding Dunley, he should not be in the starting line up. Definately an impact player. Thing is, can we afford to have a hooker on the bench. I'd like to see whoever plays hooker be given a full game.

Ballin needs to start at hooker, with Dunley off the bench. I can't see the logic in chopping and changing the 5/8 role, as it is vital. Monaghan and Orford seemed to work well considering they have only played 1 trial together. Burns will get a chance at some stage through injuries or lack of form.
No mass droppings or to panic just see how we go against the Cowboys, hopefully the intensity will be there, if not then reassess other changes...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2