My thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Disappointed we lost a game we could have won, but also not too disappointed that it didnt hurt our diff that much

I am sure we will hear the words gutsy, courageous etc to describe that, and sure, the defence on our own line may have been. But the only reason that description could be used was because we were so *censored* in the other 80m on defence. Our line speed is non existent on defence, and what we did tonight will not get us anywhere in the finals, they made metres at will while we struggled all night long. Needs a ****lod of work. Was infuriating to see us defend our line for set after set, do the job, then make the stupid play, eg Menzies 'pass' from dummy half to put ourselves back in that position.

Des should take a bit of blame for this one too. Menzies playing centre after a midweek origin, with a fit Stephenson in PL was the worst coaching call of the year. Menzies is adequate at centre, but Hicks is far better in the role.

Our forward pack was completely dominated too

And a quesiton, i know the commentators said injured, but to me it looked as though Des hooked Burns, can anyone confirm either way ?

Stewart needs some huge work on his kick returns, they lack any spark and he never looks like beating a man. If he gets that he will be the complete player. Back yourself Brett and use you pace

To the players

Matai was huge, our best imo. Looked menacing in attack, making plenty of the forwards metres, and did some good things on defence too. Watmough was awesome, as with Matai, full throttle all game long.
Rose put together his best game in a Manly jumper and deserves plenty more opportunity this season.
Dunley put on an improved performance, still wouldnt be in my side but was ok tonight
Kennedy was just Kennedy
Leuluai made good metres all game and deserves to keep his starting spot.

Now to Orford, absolutely awful tonight. If there is a perception that he cracks in the big games, well tonight did nothing to help that. Kicking game was average and option taking was abysmal. The feild goal before halftime, why ? Grubber or high kick for Robertson 1000% better options. After Menzies break gets caught on the last tackle,not even looking to pass. Near the end, we finally got a good attacking position, he throws a long ball to Robertson on the 2nd, Stevie Wonder could see the only result was going to be Robbo in touch. Hopefully has a huge one next week to atone for tonight

All that probably sounds a bit negative but just my thoughts from tonight. Not hugely disappointed in the effort they put in, but has knocked my confidence for the remainder of the season back a few levels in some areas too. Plenty of work to do, but i know we can fix it up

Have to agree Kiwi. We put ourselves under so much pressure tonight, what with bonehead attacking decisions, and stupid penalties - you just can't do that at Shark Park. We were just missing that 5% extra spark (sadly, it might have been Bell that could have given it to us)

Agreed, and good write up mate. I think Burns just got a cork.I thought King was dominated. If you consider who was out for The Sharks....pretty dissapointing. We could be 8th at the end of this weekend, and this squad deserves more.

Interesting comment on Brett Stewart, I have always found that to be the case also. I agree with what you say, but at the same time wouldn't swap 'snake' for any other fullback in the comp.

Hurts to say this but Orford was outplayed by kimmorley all night very frustrating.

Disappointed we lost a game we could have won, but also not too disappointed that it didnt hurt our diff that much

I am sure we will hear the words gutsy, courageous etc to describe that, and sure, the defence on our own line may have been. But the only reason that description could be used was because we were so *censored* in the other 80m on defence. Our line speed is non existent on defence, and what we did tonight will not get us anywhere in the finals, they made metres at will while we struggled all night long. Needs a ****lod of work. Was infuriating to see us defend our line for set after set, do the job, then make the stupid play, eg Menzies 'pass' from dummy half to put ourselves back in that position.

Des should take a bit of blame for this one too. Menzies playing centre after a midweek origin, with a fit Stephenson in PL was the worst coaching call of the year. Menzies is adequate at centre, but Hicks is far better in the role.

Our forward pack was completely dominated too

And a quesiton, i know the commentators said injured, but to me it looked as though Des hooked Burns, can anyone confirm either way ?

Stewart needs some huge work on his kick returns, they lack any spark and he never looks like beating a man. If he gets that he will be the complete player. Back yourself Brett and use you pace

To the players

Matai was huge, our best imo. Looked menacing in attack, making plenty of the forwards metres, and did some good things on defence too. Watmough was awesome, as with Matai, full throttle all game long.
Rose put together his best game in a Manly jumper and deserves plenty more opportunity this season.
Dunley put on an improved performance, still wouldnt be in my side but was ok tonight
Kennedy was just Kennedy
Leuluai made good metres all game and deserves to keep his starting spot.

Now to Orford, absolutely awful tonight. If there is a perception that he cracks in the big games, well tonight did nothing to help that. Kicking game was average and option taking was abysmal. The feild goal before halftime, why ? Grubber or high kick for Robertson 1000% better options. After Menzies break gets caught on the last tackle,not even looking to pass. Near the end, we finally got a good attacking position, he throws a long ball to Robertson on the 2nd, Stevie Wonder could see the only result was going to be Robbo in touch. Hopefully has a huge one next week to atone for tonight

All that probably sounds a bit negative but just my thoughts from tonight. Not hugely disappointed in the effort they put in, but has knocked my confidence for the remainder of the season back a few levels in some areas too. Plenty of work to do, but i know we can fix it up
great summary

i think the fact we had so little ball and were tiring sore them make even more ground up the middle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4