My wife wants to book our anniversay dinner - so When are the Finals being played??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jado

Reserve Grader
My wife wants to book our anniversary dinner for two weeks time. I say "i gotta check something first" and realise i can't seem to find any specific kickoff times of 2012 finals, i could presume that they are the same as previous but that would be presuming.

Anyone can link me to the official kick off times of the finals??

RE: My wife wants to book our anniversary dinner -

short notice so...
Final Series
Qualifying Finals : September 7-9
Semi Finals : September 14 – 15
Preliminary Finals : September 21 – 22
Grand Final : September 30

and

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/nrl-fixtures#round-31

edit: that's prob not specific enough, sorry.

When are the Finals being played??

Jado said:
My wife wants to book our anniversary dinner for two weeks time. I say "i gotta check something first" and realise i can't seem to find any specific kickoff times of 2012 finals, i could presume that they are the same as previous but that would be presuming.

Same boat as me Jado. Our anniversary is 7th Sept but we are going out Sat the 8th. God I hope we aren't playing that night there could be trouble in paradise........for me!!!!!

RE: My wife wants to book our anniversary dinner -

globaleagle said:
short notice so...
Final Series
Qualifying Finals : September 7-9
Semi Finals : September 14 – 15
Preliminary Finals : September 21 – 22
Grand Final : September 30

and

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/nrl-fixtures#round-31

edit: that's prob not specific enough, sorry.

Friday 8th September 7:30
Saturday 9th September 6:15
Saturday 9th September 8:15
Sunday 10th September 4:00

RE: My wife wants to book our anniversay dinner -

game 1v4 is the Friday
game 2v3 is the Sunday.

So, book for the Sat and you're sweet.

mmmdl said:
game 1v4 is the Friday
game 2v3 is the Sunday.

dont think that has even been confirmed either

Berkeley_Eagle said:
mmmdl said:
game 1v4 is the Friday
game 2v3 is the Sunday.

Speculation, I have an insider in the NRL who tells me "Chan 9 will pick next week"...that might be right BUT def NOT 100%

Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
mmmdl said:
game 1v4 is the Friday
game 2v3 is the Sunday.

Speculation, I have an insider in the NRL who tells me "Chan 9 will pick next week"...that might be right BUT def NOT 100%

Correct to my knowledge

Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
mmmdl said:
game 1v4 is the Friday
game 2v3 is the Sunday.

Sorry Mark, but your insider is wrong.

The only reason we don't know is because the Swans and the Bulldogs are both playing out of ANZ on that weekend. We will need to find out when the Swans are playing before they can set a time for the 1 v 4. The other one is if the game is in Melbourne, they will need to work out where the other AFL games are as there could be a couple in Melbourne on the Sunday, eliminating Etihad as a venue.

RE: My wife wants to book our anniversay dinner - so When are the Finals being playe

Not really "wrong" she was right with the " we should know this week"

RE: My wife wants to book our ann

Just go out in october, sheesh. :p

but not bathurst weekend.

Oh and by the way, shorten your subject length, or is it just my computer telling me to adjust the subject title because it is too long?

RE: My wife wan

Haha, so that's why I couldn't post.

Sunday night's your best bet, but good luck with that one.

Since there's two games on Saturday night, and one on Friday night, I'd take the punt on Friday night.

Tell ya wives it's a leap year.

And leap the anniversary this year in lieu of footy commitments.

If you take my advice above, might as well buy some razor blades too and cut the jewels off as you won't be needing them again either.

Jado said:

Mate what anniversary is it? Unless it is a milestone one (eg 10, 20), kick it to the curb and support our teams finals charge ;)

Jono said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
mmmdl said:
game 1v4 is the Friday
game 2v3 is the Sunday.

Sorry Mark, but your insider is wrong.

The only reason we don't know is because the Swans and the Bulldogs are both playing out of ANZ on that weekend. We will need to find out when the Swans are playing before they can set a time for the 1 v 4. The other one is if the game is in Melbourne, they will need to work out where the other AFL games are as there could be a couple in Melbourne on the Sunday, eliminating Etihad as a venue.

I wonder who gets first preference.

You would have to think it is the NRL in Sydney and the AFL in Melbourne.

Tell her 'baby I got this one, its a surprise'. Book nice restaurants Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and cancel the 2 you don't need once we know the schedule. :)

RE: My wife wants to

Doesn't it just spoil everything when relationships get in the way of your team's finals charge

After today's results, unless things go horribly wrong for the other teams (Souths, Melbourne and Titans), we'll be playing either Friday night or the first game on Saturday. This is as per the Sunday Terrorgraph (and after the Hawks beating Sydney last night). If Souths or Melbourne screw the pony this week (for Melbourne) and next week, and we beat the Titans, then a home game on the Sunday afternoon is still not out of the question.

As said above, Sunday night dinner would be your best option. Just make sure you do it in the same city that the game is on as well ;)

RE: When are the Finals being played??

mickqld said:
Jado said:

Same boat as me Jado. Our anniversary is 7th Sept but we are going out Sat the 8th. God I hope we aren't playing that night there could be trouble in paradise........for me!!!!!

Ours is 7th Sept also. I didn't think about it until now. I will have to think long and hard about this one. I don't think I could get away with taking my wife anywhere where there is a TV like a pub etc, so maybe lunch at good restaurant then my obligations will have been met before early evening.
Its also my dads 80th birthday celebrations on the Sunday 9th - However this one is no problem as he has years more experience than me at working out these problems and I'm sure he will have a plan where we can both slip away unnoticed if Manly are playing
that afternoon.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7