Mystery over Russell Crowe's NRL premiership ring after Jimmy Fallon photo tweet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Mystery surrounds the fate of Russell Crowe's cherished 2014 NRL premiership ring after Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon tweeted a photo of what appeared to be the South Sydney co-owner's treasured silverware.

Neither Fallon or Crowe have confirmed whether he has given the talk show host his ring or whether it is some sort of publicity stunt. Crowe tweeted a cryptic response to Fallon, which suggests he may have indeed given him the ring to keep, implying that he is confident he will get a chance to add to his collection in the near future.

Crowe and wealthy businessman Peter Holmes a Court took ownership of the Rabbitohs in 2006 and the club broke its 43-year premiership drought two years ago in a memorable grand final win over the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.

In the Box of Lies segment, Crowe and Fallon took turns at selecting a box and the other contestant could not see the contents. The audience and viewers know what the contents are as the combatants then take turns at either telling the truth or lying.

The other then guesses if their opponent was telling the truth. Fallon won the game - and possibly also an NRL ring.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hoto-tweet-20160408-go1uv2.html#ixzz45EOs1FJC
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

He gets a ring?

So........ A player can play the entire season but miss the grand final through injury or suspension and they don't get a ring. But staff get one?

Crowe is about to appear on Jimmy Fallon's show right now channel 125

He gets a ring?

So........ A player can play the entire season but miss the grand final through injury or suspension and they don't get a ring. But staff get one?
Correct - remember the fuss over the rings one year for us?

What really gets me is the whole "book of feuds" crap and their supposed hold on history...as yet he will give away something that so many players / staff would cherish for a cheap tweet from a talk show host? I guess he drank from the Super League Kool aid re expansion into America...

Always felt it was unfair Lussick missed out on a GF ring. Kid is a passionate little legend (well, not so little haha).

Always felt that was harsh.

This all sounds like a silly PR stunt........! Who knows if he really gave away his bling, he could have had one copied and made for the occasion.

So what, Crowe is a tool, a rich tool albeit........he bought a premiership and is now buying media attention....typical tool style.....!!

What really gets me is the whole "book of feuds" crap and their supposed hold on history...as yet he will give away something that so many players / staff would cherish for a cheap tweet from a talk show host? I guess he drank from the Super League Kool aid re expansion into America...
Russell is the Rev. Jim Jones of rugby league.

Always felt it was unfair Lussick missed out on a GF ring. Kid is a passionate little legend (well, not so little haha).

Always felt that was harsh.
I thought des game him his?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7