Nate Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
I think we should make a big play for this guy. He is tough, a seasoned campaigner and someone we need in the forwards to ensure our younger blokes get the right tutoring.

I'll be honest...I've hated this guy for years! However, I think he is the type of player that is exactly what we are missing! Just like Bk did all those years ago, we need someone to harden up and lead our pack!

I would be looking to sign him/Gallen and or Bird (who cares if they are grubs - they are all great players) - imagine them all together! Lol

Absolutely !! Its time everyone starting hating us again instead of feeling sorry for us !! All this love is depressing !!

Definite no to Bird, he is an absolute dirt bag, do not want him anywhere near our club.

And tbh I am not completely sold on Myles either....!

Last edited:
In the post game interview on Saturday he did mention that some things have forced him to change his mind or something to that effect so it sounds like he will be moving at the end of 2015. Obviously his wife's health issues require him to leave.

He is a palmy local, and keen surfer. So the northern beaches will keep him happy. But as mentioned the most important aspect is his wife's health and wellbeing. Not a simple grab the cash deal for the Myles.
I agree, he and Gallen could be just what we need.( I can't do Bird..god knows what scumbag incident he's got lined up next).

Not convinced about Myles. His best years are behind him. Certainly I wouldn't endorse signing him for any more than a maximum of two years. We don;t want to fall into the Doesn'tmatta trap of signing former greats (like Watmouth) on long-term contracts.

Seriously...people are a little to intense with their dislike of certain players. Not supporting manly if they sign players like Carney and myles...really? I understand that people would like players to be role models but at the end of the day they are footy players. It's up to parents and kids to teach kids values. People do stupid stuff. Being a teacher I've seen female and male staff be delinquents on nights out. I have friends who are lawyers tell me about shocking things that happen in chambers etc... I've heard of police men and women being involved in things that would make the carney and myles incidents seem innocent. However they don't get scrutinised the same way.
The football community, including media and your average morality champion can't wait to crucify the players. Sure, guys like myles, bird and carney have done some dumb stuff. Sure they may not be the best role models, but that's not their job. Some of our current crop are duche bags but we still support them. At the end of the day I want my club to be competitive on the field. Unless someone is a rapist, murderer or a terrorist I couldn't give a rats about what he does in his spare time provided the fullfill their obligations as players. Give me Bird, Myles and Carney anyday...throw in Gallen and watch us fly in 2016.

Yes I'd take Myles, he is 29 (about to turn 30), so still has 2-3 good years left and would have the aggro we need. The off-field stuff was quite a few years ago now, so I don't think that is an issue.

Apart from the glassing incident Birds other misdemeanours aren't been a scumbag who hasn't had a slash after a few brews in the street, against a fence or down an alley. If we are going to call him a scumbag for partaking in the use of recreational drugs then we may as well change the leagues name to the national scumbag league because he certainly isn't alone in that regard.

The first time I every heard the name "Greg Bird" was when he kneed that Souths bloke in the head. I found it hard to respect him as a human being ever since (and his record after that has certainly not helped). I personally wouldn't like to see him sign with Manly. I think we can do better.

Yes to Myles and Bird - I want the Manly Hatred back big time from opposition Teams/Supporters @:cool: They would both sign for 1 year and that's all we need to kick start the Manly machine. I'd have them now if they could get out on compassionate grounds or something :D

No to Carney, as he has a dodgy leg and we need zip in the halves.@:cool:

Myles, Gallen and that young guy - and lets see people get over the top of our forwards.

We need to make a massive offer to myles. Get him even if we have to pay overs. With us sliding down the ladder and players already committing for next year we need to start to get some signings otherwise it will be too late.

Big fat yes to Myles, he is the grub we so desperately need. We have a choir boys pack at the moment and we need a bit of anger and agro, some hard heads to get us back in the contest. He plays long minutes too.

Myles definitely. Not gallen not bird. You can build a pack around Myles if willie has another year in him then sign some boom prop in a couple of years with sene lafao and jake t and Sao coming into their own. Gallen brings too many distractions. Masoe and Myles would be good for us next year.

Since August last year we have won 4/14 games one of which included a lucky escape against Penrith in Rnd. 25 2014 and luckily a brilliant 10min burst from Stewart/DCE magic in Rnd. 2 snuck us over the line against Melbourne. [/QUOTE said:
I didn't think we'd won that many. We won one trial against the Skarks, 0 from 3 in the Nines tournament... where was the other win since the 'Riff match at Brookie?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8