• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Is Nate Myles going to be our Parra Choc or Manly Choc?

Parra Choc: Aging player with great playing reputation but with a suggestion that his recruitment was at least partly intended as a strategy to entice elite half to sign with club.

Manly Choc: A player who bled maroon and who lifted above pain to take it up to the opposition even if (and even more so) our position in the game seemed hopeless, inspiring those around him.

As a quality player who has excelled at all levels of Rugby League, he has been gifted the opportunity late in his career to take a significant leadership role.

If one day we can look back on Nate's contribution to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in a similar vein to what Ben Kennedy or David Gillespie brought to our great club, it will be a reflection of what he is more than capable of delivering.

Let's hope not, and he wasn't Robinson Caruso last night, only Jake could hold his head up really high from round 1

Will be solid- not a star... But definitely play his part in a strong finish to 2016.

The titans offered him a lowball contract and we picked him up. He is not a game breaker but he wont have Hasson type games either.

The thing about being dominated by an opposition pack, is each hit-up cannot be judged on it's merits. Myles looked sluggish because he was fatigued...the same goes for our other forwards.

Manly dropped a lot of ball in the first twenty minutes and had to do a lot of defending in our red zone. On-line defence is extremely taxing because the players have to push hard off the line and the contact must be particularly intense. When you play a pack like the dogs, you have to get on top early and do the reverse to them...tire them out and get a roll on.

The Dogs forwards got the jump on us last night because of all the drop ball and that's why our forwards were collectively ineffective. We have the troops to match a pack like Canterbury, but we have to hold onto the ball (especially coming out of trouble) to be any chance.

I think we were all hoping for another BK because they look similar.
Oh, and he's a member of the God Almighty QLD SOO side.
I suspect his reputation is important to him so we need to give him time - when do we play next week?

Dogs hit the ground running!! this year did the same thing to a full strength storm team in a trial beat them 20-0.
Nate will get better as the seasons continues.
It is a very long season. Let's see if the dogs can keep that intensity for the season.

How can you possibly tell after one game?
Thats right . I was one that thought that we would gel and smash it from the get go , well i was wrong. This whole thing is going to take time , we can jump up and down all we want but its time that will fix it. Talking to gus at brookie the other nite and he said manly have to many guns for it not to work they just need cohesion.

I think we were all hoping for another BK because they look similar.
Oh, and he's a member of the God Almighty QLD SOO side.
I suspect his reputation is important to him so we need to give him time - when do we play next week?
I didn't think BK looked like a dwarf on steroids.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6