Nate Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Come on Silvertails, this bloke has been bashed from pillar to post. Last year he had to deal with a lot of emotional issues off the field, including the woman he loves battling cancer. He came out at the start of the year and stated publicly that last seasons form was not good enough and was mostly met with ridicule. His toughness and physicality on a football field is highlighted by the fact that Gallen targeted him in State of Origin a couple of years ago. He's never been a flash player, but I reckon he would have been one of the first players picked by Mal Meninga. Just a physical, hard footballer. The Manly players love him ( Jake praised him ALL last season as having a huge influence on his game). At the end of each game he's in the huddle with all the Islander boys thanking God after every game (whether you believe in God or not you would have to agree that this is not a bad thing) In an era where footballers treat women as sex objects(insert Mark Gasniers taxi cab phone call) this guy loves his wife and supports her to the detriment of his NRL career. This is a good man people, and he's leading by example. I think he will become a much loved and appreciated player by the end of this season. Go hard Nate!

Last edited:
I want him to do good and deserve his spot, but the truth of the matter is that he is just not good enough. This year should be his last
Have you watched him this year?

I want him to do good and deserve his spot, but the truth of the matter is that he is just not good enough. This year should be his last
Fcuk me, he has been so present in the middle third, defensively alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh i have watched him and is still the same player that runs 5 metres to the defensive line and either stops their or is dragged back. Trust me he is not good enough, would rather prefer see Taniela Paseka or Lloyd Perrett take his spot
That's utter sh1t. Paseka should take his spot? He hasn't even played a game of NRL. Definitely a prospect, but as yet totally unproven. The Manly pack is better served on current form with an old hard head like Nate. And he has most definitely improved his carries, don't know what you've been watching mate.

That's utter sh1t. Paseka should take his spot? He hasn't even played a game of NRL. Definitely a prospect, but as yet totally unproven. The Manly pack is better served on current form with an old hard head like Nate. And he has most definitely improved his carries, don't know what you've been watching mate.
Nate Myles has improved his carries? AHAHAHA, yeh maybe instead of getting dragged back like last year, he falls straight to the ground. I reckon we EITHER give Paseka a shot, seems like a future star and has to make his debut game eventually, dont want him turning out like liam knight OR we either play lloyd perrett

Last edited by a moderator:
Nate Myles has improved his carries? AHAHAHA, yeh maybe instead of getting dragged back like last year, he falls straight to the ground. I reckon we EITHER give Paseka a shot, seems like a future star and has to make his debut game eventually, dont want him turning out like liam knight OR we either play lloyd perrett
Look at his metres against Canberra, look at his defence in the middle of the park, statistics and impact indicate you're wrong. Last season he wasn't very good with the ball, in defence he was ok. This year he has been really good, as I said I don't know what you've been watching mate.

Yeah, good point, Liam Knight is killing it in NSW Cup over at the Roosters.

Look at his metres against Canberra, look at his defence in the middle of the park, statistics and impact indicate you're wrong. Last season he wasn't very good with the ball, in defence he was ok. This year he has been really good, as I said I don't know what you've been watching mate.
Myles is overrated full stop mate, youse will support him now but are the first ones to criticise him when he plays bad. I dont rate him from the start and wont be suprised when he runs out of form eventually.

When he runs it up you know he ain't going to break the line. Hit and either pushed back or rolled on his back. Too slow so hoping he will somehow get better!! Now when you send BJ, Blake, Marty, Jake with the ball etc different story.

When he runs it up you know he ain't going to break the line. Hit and either pushed back or rolled on his back. Too slow so hoping he will somehow get better!! Now when you send BJ, Blake, Marty, Jake with the ball etc different story.
And yet, he's played 11 Origin series. He's not picked for his line breaking abilities, he's picked for his physicality, defence and toughness. Football is just as much about defence as it is attack. Flashy players often get the accolades, while those who engage in the trench warfare are often taken for granted. Players like Bradley Clyde and Jake Trbojevic who are exceptional in both are rare.

We'll see, I wouldn't be surprised if he's picked for QLD. Like I said, he's had an obvious impact this season. Jake can't speak highly enough of him, but what would Jake know?

I'm with you 100% Kev! Qld will consider Nate this year and if picked, he will deliver again. That's the sort of bloke he is. I've always been happy to have him here. The amount of experience he has to offer our young blokes unmeasurable.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6