Need a big prop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
Obviously we have Taupau locked for 17 but I believe we need 1 more big meter eater for 17 to be contenders! Who do u silver tails think the prop will be?

We won't have the biggest pack next year, but with Jake, Nate, Buhrer, Lawrence et al we will/should have a very fast and mobile pack that *theoretically* should suit the 2016 regs with less interchanges.

Eternal optimist but looking forward to 2016: if we can snag Kapow as well before '17 that would be just awesome..

I think next year more than ever for Manly comes down to the coaching staff. NRL teams have more staff than ever before and ours are all new - even to each other.
So do we need a shiny big prop?
No idea what they have in mind.

We won't have the biggest pack next year, but with Jake, Nate, Buhrer, Lawrence et al we will/should have a very fast and mobile pack that *theoretically* should suit the 2016 regs with less interchanges.

Eternal optimist but looking forward to 2016: if we can snag Kapow as well before '17 that would be just awesome..
Manly played with prolonged high intensity and mobility in 2013-2014 which can work well if the attitude is right and you have young troops who can sustain the intensity along with depth. Manly fatigued tanked 2014 which exaggerated the impact of the underlying poor attitude that was festering at the time as this type of play took it's toll on our ageing troops.

I don't see the interchange of 10 to 8 being that big of a deal----yeah it helps with added fatigue a little but it really is only one less change a half.

You can remove a hooker or mobile backrower from the bench and have an 80min hooker if you feel your forwards are going to struggle. You lose spark out of dummy half along with a mobile backrower as interchange options but if you base your game on size this was never really a style of play that was the platform anyway so not losing much.

10 to 6 would have changed the dynamic of the game big time back to old school huge gaps up the middle and skilled sharper players taking advantage of this more so. To be honest dummy and go, or stepping through the line breaks all over the place due to a fatigued broken defensive line is boring to me.

With the increased skillsets of modern attacking players more capable of damaging a fatigued defensive line compared to years gone past cricket scores will be all the rage, it is too much of an advantage and the balance is just not right if you don't allow slowing down in the play the ball.

!0 to 8 might be pretty big as well. Six on the middle forwards I can see as being the standard. Have to keep at least one for an injury. Can a replacement dummy half be justified for the other one?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8