Never mind the Broncos, it's Manly against the rest of the world

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
SO KEEN are Manly club officials that fans support their team in its preliminary final match in Sydney tonight, they're providing a free ''Sea Eagles shuttle'' service to and from the northern beaches, starting at 3.50pm. 

Read the full article

All good except this part:

More likely, though, the fans will still find themselves outnumbered by other ''Sydneysiders'' who, in the absence of another local team in the finals, will be supporting Manly's out-of-state rivals, the Brisbane Broncos.

If we are outnumbered tonight I will wear a Brisbane jersey every day for a week.

Yeah, i don't think neutrals will be at the game. They may support a team on tv but that's it.

I don't think the media or the NRL understand the tribalism. We don't want to watch a good game, we want our team to win. We don't go to games to watch opposition players, we go to watch our players.

If your team is out, you don't keep going to games, you go to the pub.

Duff said:
Yeah, i don't think neutrals will be at the game. They may support a team on tv but that's it.

I don't think the media or the NRL understand the tribalism. We don't want to watch a good game, we want our team to win. We don't go to games to watch opposition players, we go to watch our players.

If your team is out, you don't keep going to games, you go to the pub.

This point is lost on the NRL - thats why they thought that Super League was a brilliant business plan. Those abominations in Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane,Newcastle, Melbourne resulted in only one being artificially sustained today.

The heart and soul of a Club are the passionate Supporters. I dont know any Supporters that would pay to go to watch any other Team, apart from the SOO and Representative Games.

Ive always sold my tickets to the GF if Manly arent playing.

The Nine Foxtel League is a short term view IMO, and unfortunately is ruining it for those of us who have to go to almost empty stadiums away from the residential suburbs.

The pricing is horrendous as well for families.

MadMarcus said:
All good except this part:

More likely, though, the fans will still find themselves outnumbered by other ''Sydneysiders'' who, in the absence of another local team in the finals, will be supporting Manly's out-of-state rivals, the Brisbane Broncos.

If we are outnumbered tonight I will wear a Brisbane jersey every day for a week.

They wouldn't waste the dosh for mine

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7