Never thought id say this.......but..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
here goes...

I CANT WAIT TILL MATAI IS BACK.

I really dont rate him as a centre.. but i think... why not throw him in at 5/8? A bit of pace and aggression... leave Beaver in the 2nd row now that Watmough is out.

6. Matai
7. Orford
9. Ballin
11. Menzies
12. Cuthbertson
13. Stewart

or

6. Matai
7. Orford
9. Heath
11. Menzies
12. Stewart
13. Ballin

or even

6. Heath
7. Orford
9. Ballin
11. Menzies
12. Stewart
13. Matai

Surely changes need to be made.. as we have seen after 5 games.. bar the game that NZ gave up... that we do not have enough in attack.. too many Williamson type hard working players.

I certainly rate him in the centres.
He was probably one of our leading line breakers last year and is the only player apart from Watmough that knows how to run a line.

We all know Bell will not be dropped, and i would rather see Lyon in the centres. So put Matai at lock and let him run lines like Hoffman, Creagh etc.

No one in our team can tackle harder than him - he has smashed guys like Grothe, Ben Cross, Creagh, O'Meley. He is not scared of confrontation so let him get more involved.

well thats what im saying Pepi.. i think in the centres he gets exposed 1 on 1 defensively.. he either runs out and miss times a hit.. or gets beat 1 on 1..

In the forwards it wont happen as much and he can do all the big hits he likes. Worth a shot.

Someone over at MSE said Zorba (radio) hinted to Mattai is to come back in a position that would surprise some supporters. That would suggest the 13 or 6 jersey I guess.

Agh - the footy gods are winning. I don't even have enough interest to think up a YART at the moment. (Come on Ryan - LIFT son !)

Yeah, I'm talking to myslef. Horrible couple of weeks at work. I'm kind of losing enthusiasm for League at the moment. Is it just me, or is everyone flat a bit?

Jatz Crackers link said:
Someone over at MSE said Zorba (radio) hinted to Mattai is to come back in a position that would surprise some supporters. That would suggest the 13 or 6 jersey I guess.

dropping Bell would probably suprise me more  ;D

Matai would be perfect in Lock I think.

Stewart
Robertson
Bell
Lyon
Bani
Beaver
Orford
King
Ballin
Kite
Watmough
Stewart2
Matai

Le'Strange
Cuthbertson
Hall
Perry

That's our best team in my opinion.

I still like Matai in the centres, based on a few factors

1, His dummy half running is important when we are jammed in our end.
2, He and Robbo have had a good combination
3, He has started to develop a good step, fend and offload last season

With Smith pulling the pin on the Eels it is odds on that they will pick Mateo at 5/8. Why not put Matai in the 6 for his defence on Mateo, who we know will run at the line more than a convential 5/8. Even if he rushes up out of the line as he is prone to do, it'll probably cause less damage as Mateo doesn't have the footwork to exploit it and closer to the ruck we are more likely to be able to cover a few lapses. It'd be great to see him put a few hits on Fellatio.

Attack wise he isn't going to offer a lot, but then again does Willow ?? Even if he tucks it under the wing and has a crack it can't be that bad. I think we may be pleasantly surprised at what he might be able to offer in the 6. At any rate it's got to be better than the rubbish we have dished up so far this season. So I'd be leaving Lyon at centre (if he is fit) and giving Matai a crack at 6, Cuthbo in for Choc.

well who in their right mind would replace Lyon with Matai? but would Des drop Bell for Matai? no.. so he moves a player not to drop a player. Disgusting.

Id love to see Matais aggression more close to the action... centre he can be exposed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6