New coaching staff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Chad Randall for u20's, Luke "the grub" O'Donnell. Interesting mix...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
So who is coaching nsw cup or has fat k u n t got chads job wrong.

Last edited:
  • Oct 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Peter Peters is a director of the Sea Eagles and Manly Leagues Club
Revamp ready to roll as Barrett begins new era

INTENSE OFF-SEASON TRAINING REGIME IN STORE FOR PLAYERS AS PART OF HUGE OVERHAUL
Peter Peters THE biggest coaching, training and player overhaul in Manly’s 70-year history is just four weeks from fruition with new coach Trent Barrett ready to hit the ground running from November 2.

With no off-season Kangaroo commitments, only Kiwi internationals on the upcoming tour of England will be exempt from day one of training.

Peta Hiku is a certainty for the tour with his versatility a key factor for the world champions.

He will not be required until training resumes after the Christmas break.

Players are getting ready for a torrid summer training program under Barrett’s new-look football department.

Assistant coaches John Cartwright and Anthony Siebold head up the coaching team alongside Barrett while former local junior and NRL hooker Chad Randall will be in charge of the club’s under 20s Holden Cup side. He will work closely, on a daily basis, with the NRL coaches.

Randall has been earmarked by both Barrett and football consultant Bob Fulton as a possible future head coach.

New strength and conditioning coach Dan Ferris was headhunted by Barrett and Fulton from the Gold Coast Titans and comes to the Sea Eagles with a reputation for toughness and getting results.

He will be backed up by former international backrower Luke O’Donnell as rehabilitation co-ordinator.

Sea Eagles great Steve Menzies will also be part of the training team. He will have an on-field role on match days.

Video analysis whiz Will Badel, formerly on the Sea Eagles’ staff under Des Hasler, will return to the club in Barrett’s off-field team.

Widely regarded as the best in the NRL in his specific role, Badel has worked at Origin and international level with the NSW Blues and Australia.

All of the new staff, with the exception of O’Donnell who lives in the Leichhardt area, will settle on the northern beaches.
=========================================================
Looks like Donny is gone too. :wondering:

Beaver will get to be the token Manly link to appease the Fans.;)

Don't know much about O'Donnell apart from his being a Chook Shop owner once he retired from the Rorters :giggle:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-in-chook-shopp/story-fngr8h22-1226943304088

New strength and conditioning coach Dan Ferris was headhunted by Barrett and Fulton from the Gold Coast Titans and comes to the Sea Eagles with a reputation for toughness and getting results

I was wondering who was responsible for all the success the Titans have had. This clears that up though.

New strength and conditioning coach Dan Ferris was headhunted by Barrett and Fulton from the Gold Coast Titans and comes to the Sea Eagles with a reputation for toughness and getting results

I was wondering who was responsible for all the success the Titans have had. This clears that up though.
had the same thought as i read that!

dont know too much about Dan Ferris, however after some research he does look very fit.. although he might not have the stats that Donny does, Titans do poses alot of speed in their team, something our team desperately needs

How bad is it Bones? They must think we are morons. Not one of those mentioned have come from a club that has won anything in the last few years. I actually can't believe they are that stupid.

The place is a shambles they reckon though.. Club legend like beaver is joining the coaching staff. Oh my!!
Are you serious CJ?? You obviously have no idea about how rugby league works or the "culture" of a club and just how hard it is to build and find a winning culture. Just ask the Raiders, Knights, St George, Souths and our good friends at Parra just how hard it is to get a winning culture back once you have lost it. We have allowed a group of losers to join our club and the club are trying to tell us that tey have some kind of record. Do they think we are stupid? CJ open your eyes mate.

dont know too much about Dan Ferris, however after some research he does look very fit.. although he might not have the stats that Donny does, Titans do poses alot of speed in their team, something our team desperately needs
Funny we have no speed. It's not like they train 100m from a track or anywhere that they could like do sprint work...

How bad is it Bones? They must think we are morons. Not one of those mentioned have come from a club that has won anything in the last few years. I actually can't believe they are that stupid.

So …on that logic how stupid were the people who employed Donny in the beginning?

What had he won at that stage?

Same with the support staff, not to mention previous head coach Hasler and most of the players, for that matter.

Are you serious CJ?? You obviously have no idea about how rugby league works or the "culture" of a club and just how hard it is to build and find a winning culture. Just ask the Raiders, Knights, St George, Souths and our good friends at Parra just how hard it is to get a winning culture back once you have lost it. We have allowed a group of losers to join our club and the club are trying to tell us that tey have some kind of record. Do they think we are stupid? CJ open your eyes mate.
Yeah okay mate whatever you reckon "have no idea how rugby league works or the culture"
Yes we had a great winning culture but for the best part of the last 1 and a half years it quickly diminished. Sometimes things get stale and times change and nothing lasts forever.

Change is sometimes needed to get everyone out of their comfort zone, which its understood that the players were.

When des started his regime with all these untried coaching staff and players was that previously successful? No it wasn't because everything was new and fresh. Who's to say that the new system won't be a winning formula??? Let's just wait and see before you're quick to shoot it down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6