New Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I know there is a "signing's" thread already, but thought I'd snapshot it for everyone, and include rumored signings for Manly. Enjoy:-

+ I will attach links to news articles later advising signings

1. Ligi Sao
images

Date of Birth: 11 October, 1992
Height: 187 cm
Weight: 101 kg
Position: Prop/Second Row
Rep. Honours: Samoa Under 18
Junior Clubs: Manurewa Marlins
Previous Clubs: NA
FG Debut: NA
Club Debut: NA
Ligi switched to rugby league after playing rugby union at Manurewa High School. Out of the Manurewa Marlins, he was originally recommended to the Vodafone Warriors by Marlins identity Songi Tupou. Signed by the club during the offseason, Ligi started the year playing for Manurewa in the Auckland club competition. Impressive form earned him a call-up for his NYC debut in the Vodafone Junior Warriors' 10th-round clash against Newcastle, went on to make 11 appearances on the season and scoring a try in the process.
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ligi%20sao%20signs%20with%20sea%20eagles&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seaeagles.com.au%2Fnews-display%2Feagles%2F58350&ei=cpEtUJOJIouZiAeuqICgCA&usg=AFQjCNGMCYeCBebSln0Uyp2XX_ApLhuYiA
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ligi%20sao%20signs%20with%20sea%20eagles&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CE0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerotackle.com%2Fnrl%2Fsao-snapped-sea-eagles-6401%2F&ei=cpEtUJOJIouZiAeuqICgCA&usg=AFQjCNGNlQo1TspdsG8VSjjacA_YrkTuhw
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ligi%20sao%20signs%20with%20sea%20eagles&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CE8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmanly-daily.whereilive.com.au%2Fsport%2Fstory%2Fnrl-sao-is-snapped-up%2F&ei=cpEtUJOJIouZiAeuqICgCA&usg=AFQjCNHqtnKcRMcgus1LLmMxbbQlEfnhiQ

2. Peta Hiku
peta%20hiku%202.jpg

Date of Birth: 4 December, 1992
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 93 kg
Position: Fullback/wing
Rep. Honours: Auckland Under-18s
Junior Clubs: Manurewa Marlins
Previous Clubs: Nil
FG Debut: Yet to make debut
Club Debut: NYC: Vodafone Junior Warriors v Gold Coast, Mount Smart Stadium, March 24, 2012 (Round 4)
Born in Gisborne but raised in Auckland, Hiku is a Manurewa Marlins junior. He originally just missed out on the Vodafone Junior Warriors' official 2012 NYC squad but was called into the side to replace injured first-choice fullback Omar Slaimankhel for the club's fourth-round clash against Gold Coast on March 24. He had an outstanding debut, scoring a try and making 149 metres in a 30-6 victory. He has been ever-present since, used on the wing when Slaimankhel has been available but slotting back to fullback on occasions as well. Hiku has consistently made 150 metres-plus, excelling in the 15th-round win over Cronulla when he produced astounding stats of 238 metres gained from 18 runs with 12 tackle breaks and three off loads, game-high numbers in all four instances.. He also made a line break. Educated at James Cook High School

3. Michael Chee Kam
00027120-leadimage.jpg

Date of Birth: 26 February, 1992
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 100 kg
Position: Second Row/Centre
Rep. Honours: Australian Schoolboys (2010)
Junior Clubs: Mt Wellington Warriors
Previous Clubs: Melbourne Storm
Nickname: Chee.
Biggest influence on your career: Mum and Dad.
2012 Goal: Make my NRL debut, win Toyota Cup.
What was your first job? Playstation Games Tester.
Do you have any superstitions? After warm-up, make a prayer in the corner.
Do you have any ink? If so, what? Inside right forearm, traditional Samoan pattern.
What’s the first thing you put in your footy bag? Boots.
How much can you bench? 160kg.
What’s one food you can’t stand to eat? Seafood.
How do you have your steak? Medium.
Who is your favourite all time Raider? Ruben Wiki.
Who will you play in the 2012 Grand Final? New Zealand Warriors.

4. Richard Fa'aoso
049849-11-03-27-richard-fa-039-aoso.jpg

Date of Birth: 8 May, 1984
Height: 184 cm
Weight: 105 kg
Position: Forward
Rep. Honours: 5 Tests Tonga 08-10, World Cup 08, Pacific Cup 09
Junior Clubs: North Aspley
Previous Clubs: Penrith Panthers 2004; Sydney Roosters 2005; Parramatta Eels 2007; Newcastle Knights 2008 - Rd. 16 2012.
FG Debut: Penrith v St George Illawarra, Penrith Stadium, 11/06/04
Club Debut: Yet to debut for Melbourne Storm
Player Stats
Games Played
Career: 133
Club: 2
2012: 2
2012 Stats (Melbourne Storm)
Total Points: Nil
Tries: Nil
Goals: Nil
Tackles: 21 All Run Metres: 58m
Hit-ups: 8
Career Points
Total: 60
Tries: 15
Goals: Nil

5. Jacob Gagan
b47f4718c27361df3369b3cc057b0be4_resized.jpg

Date of Birth: 25 March, 1993
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 93 kg
Position: Fullback / Wing
Rep. Honours: Australian Schoolboys (2010), NSW CHS, NSW Under-18s (2010-11)
Junior Clubs: Cabramatta
Previous Clubs: Nil
The Greystanes product had a solid 2011 season highlighted with selection in the NSW U18s alongside Vai Toutai. An apprentice landscaper, he hopes to own his own business after football.

6. Joshua Robinson (may be old news)
632579-josh-robinson.jpg

MANLY have won the race to sign one of Australia's most promising young athletes - a freakishly talented 15-year-old with dreams of running at the Olympics and playing NRL.

Toowoomba speed machine Joshua Robinson won an extraordinary five gold medals in the national junior championships at Homebush last week in the 100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100m and 4x400m.

His time of 49.41sec in the 400m is "absolutely outstanding" according to colleague and athletics guru Mike Hurst.

"To win five gold medals at this level is just freakish," Hurst said.

Manly's recruitment boss Noel "Crusher" Cleal signed the Aboriginal flyer after watching him run at Homebush. It followed a recommendation from the Sea Eagles' Queensland-based talent scout Graham Champnee.

The Broncos, Titans and Cowboys were desperately trying to sign the brilliant young fullback, who has a striking resemblance to a young Greg Inglis.

Robinson plays rugby league for his school, club at representative level and was also selected in the Queensland under-14 merit team.

"You've got to grab a kid like this at 15 or other clubs will beat you to it," Cleal told The Sunday Telegraph.

"We're not going to rush him or put any pressure on him to make a choice between his sports. He'll come down to train with our NRL squad in June to get a feel of the club.

"We understand his immediate goal is to go to the world junior championships in London next year and we're happy to support him."

Robinson said he chose Manly ahead of their NRL rivals because the club was so relaxed about him continuing his dream of running at an Olympic Games.

"I want to qualify for the world youths next year and at the moment it looks like I'll get there with the times I'm doing," he said.

"I play club and rep league in Toowoomba at the moment, but I'm thinking about having a year off next year to concentrate on running.

"At the moment, athletics is number one.

"I'd love to make the Olympics and then see what happens. I could play in the NRL after that.

"I signed with Manly because they were happy for me to do athletics over league at this stage of my life.

"Melinda Gainsford-Taylor being on the Manly board helped, too. She'll be an inspiration to me."

Robinson signed a three-year deal with the Sea Eagles and is considering moving to Sydney to go to school on the northern beaches next year.

He is also a beautifully polite youngster, who insisted on thanking those who have helped him in sport.

"Before you go, do you mind mentioning a few people in the story," he asked. "My parents, Graham Champnee [the talent scout] for helping with my signing and my coach, Neil McCoy. And Crusher for going over to Homebush to watch and support me. I'd like to thank them all."

7. Brad Takairangi (Rumor Only)
00039120_Image.jpg

Date of Birth: 14 June, 1989
Height: 193 cm
Weight: 108 kg
Position: Second Row
Rep. Honours: Cook Islands Pacific Cup team
Junior Clubs: Cronulla Caringbah
Previous Clubs: South Sydney
Nickname: Taka
Born In: Sydney
When did you start player footy: 8
Who is your footy hero: Phil Graham
Who has had the biggest influence on you: Mum and Dad
Famous person you would most like to meet: Lerron James
Pre-Match Rituals: Pray before I go out to play
If you were down to your last $20 what would you spend if on: $10 on a Multi bet $10 at Skinny Dips
Loudest team mate:Jarred-Warera-Hargreaves
Most annoying team mate: Jonesy- his red hair
Team mate with the weirdest talent: JWH- Hollywood
Biggest prankster in the team: Frank Paul Nuuasala
Favourite movie: This Christmas
Favourite TV show: Home and Away
Favourite band: Mahogany :)
What are your goals for the 2011 season: Play Grade

8. Adrian Ha'angana (Rumor Only)
MB-VBNSWCUP-2012-RD8-Norths-v-Magpies-0409.jpg

Adrian Ha'angana | #11 | Second Row

Clubs: South Sydney Rabbitohs U20s

Born: 21 May 1992
Height: 178 cm.
Weight: 103 kg.

Does anyone have any further news on Joshua Robinson as wasnt that article from last year, did he play in the junior teams this year?

roger14 said:
Does anyone have any further news on Joshua Robinson as wasnt that article from last year, did he play in the junior teams this year?

pretty sure his main focus is the next commonwealth games, then the mighty manly sea eagles

going after a lot of poly's by the looks of things?

well it seems we have stocked up on young kids in wing spots/fullback back up, given we have lost robbo, hopoate, oldfield and whare. Also add Ben farrar to mix and there is some competition for spots. Cover for snake is needed given his knee/hammy problems. Certainly a lot of kiwi kids, excited in young chee kam seems to have some size.

Good work Ryan.

IN October, Instead of a BBQ on the Brookie Oval pitch we're going to have a huge Hangi feast introducing the new talent to the Maroon n white!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6