New Expansion Bid a South Brisbane Team....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
If you haven't been on other forums lately the last couple of days they have been a buzz with a bid from South Brisbane put up for the next expansion window. Needs to be clarified though this has nothing to do with the Ipswich bid from what I've heard.

The bid is a coming soon website. Doesn't really stir a lot of faith considering how long the other bids have been at it. It's probably some faction that doesn't like the Ipswich Jets and wants to rival them even though the Ipswich bid has said they aren't locked to the Ipswich as a district name and may be something along the lines of South West Brisbane. They also said they are putting the moniker and colours up to public vid ala what the Titans did when they were forced to give up the Dolphins name

The Ipswich bid will have a number of problems IMO, including the name (Jets) with many people associating that name with Newtown and if they go with the Green and White colours that the Jets use in Qld Cup that could also be nightmare for them as well especially if the NY Jets become aware of it (Brisbane Broncos had a similar problem with the Denver Broncos)

This bid could possibly a sneaky way of the QRL getting another seat at the commission it's been led by Ross Livermore's son.

I think it's a more viable option then the Ipswich bid. Not to mention the Jets in the Qld Cup struggle to run the club.

here we go back to the future ...  ::)  just think if they didnt disband the original ones (crushers) imagine how competetive they would have been by now with well over a decade of playing in the NRL.. in saying that i knw the gold coast  is going fine, but  how many attempts..  1st giants then chargers then seagulls & now titans..   i would rather it(the idea of a 4th team in QLD) piss off away from the east coast of australia & go west  or south west before a 4th team in that state happens..

jjai link said:
here we go back to the future ...  ::)  just think if they didnt disband the original ones (crushers) imagine how competetive they would have been by now with well over a decade of playing in the NRL.. in saying that i knw the gold coast  is going fine, but  how many attempts..  1st giants then chargers then seagulls & now titans..  i would rather it(the idea of a 4th team in QLD) piss off away from the east coast of australia & go west  or south west before a 4th team in that state happens..

The Crushers were fighting an up hill battle before they started with little to no media coverage (Broncos use to get 4-5 pages and the Crushers 3 sentances in the Courier Mail hence the nickname The Bronco Mail).

so what makes it diff now back then it was just 2(sorry3..lol) of them now if they get admitted it will be 4 of them how is that easier for them,, they all search their talent from roughly the same pool of juniors in the state.. they have scouts all over..

Ant80 link said:
The Ipswich bid will have a number of problems IMO, including the name (Jets) with many people associating that name with Newtown and if they go with the Green and White colours that the Jets use in Qld Cup that could also be nightmare for them as well especially if the NY Jets become aware of it (Brisbane Broncos had a similar problem with the Denver Broncos)

This bid could possibly a sneaky way of the QRL getting another seat at the commission it's been led by Ross Livermore's son.

I think it's a more viable option then the Ipswich bid. Not to mention the Jets in the Qld Cup struggle to run the club.

Did you read my post? They said they aren't definately going to be the Jets and Green and White. Its going to a public vote like the titans did.

How is it more viable? Its a website with no info. I'd say an actual bid is more viable that a website saying it is a bid coming at the absolute last minute, 3 months before submissions are taken to the NRL for expansion.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295769609[/time]

Prediction: Should one of the Queensland bids win a spot in expansion, particularly if its a Brisbane based team, Karmichael Hunt will be their marquee signing after his 2 years of floundering in AFL.

Captain of the Gate link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186316.msg312882#msg312882 date=1295765376]

Did you read my post? They said they aren't definately going to be the Jets and Green and White. Its going to a public vote like the titans did.

How is it more viable? Its a website with no info. I'd say an actual bid is more viable that a website saying it is a bid coming at the absolute last minute, 3 months before submissions are taken to the NRL for expansion.
[/quote]

Ipswich teams have played in green and white for the last 100 years. Many Ipswich people have the Jets are the most favoured name.
If you know who else is involved with the Ipswich bid it'll get knocked back because of one name John Ribot.

While Ross may not be the most popular guy in amongst the Qld Cup teams at the moment he would still have more pull if this came about.

There is more info on the FB page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brisbane-NRL-Expansion-Bid/171001092942602?v=info

We already have the Melbourne Storm, just call the new team Brisbane Flood, have them sponsored by GIO - they would get plenty of publicity.

Canteen Worker link said:
We already have the Melbourne Storm, just call the new team Brisbane Flood, have them sponsored by GIO - they would get plenty of publicity.
I wonder if they'll have a sponsor before we do?

I still think the Sunshine Coast should be putting a bid in. If only the government hadn;t taken the money for Stockland Park away, they would have had an A-class facility and they sure have the numbers.

I know some people favour the Central Queensland bid, but honestly to anyone who has been up through and up to Rockhampton, you know there is sweet FA up that way and nothing in between.

South Brisbane, I don't think there is room just there for another team, maybe a norths devils team or perhaps ipswhich

As long as the Bears dont get in I will be happy - looks like the perth bid is a standout (for TV coverage/rights) and another Qld team is the most sensible.

We dony need another basically Sydney team - there is enough donw here already

The Wheel link said:
As long as the Bears dont get in I will be happy - looks like the perth bid is a standout (for TV coverage/rights) and another Qld team is the most sensible.

Totally agree Wheel. The thought of adding another team to N.S.W and essentially another Sydney team, beggars belief.
Hopefully the independent commission has a little more foresight but with Gallop in charge I'm not holding my breath.

The Wheel link said:

The bears are a certainty put your money on it.

The Bears would be a terrible decision for the NRL. There isn't really much to gain by putting a team on the Central Coast. It's not going to bring in any more fans aside from a few old Bears die-hards & it certainly wont do anything to help the TV deal negotiations.

It'd also be another drain on the already very shallow NSW talent pool. There aren't enough quality rugby league players for the current teams to field a full 17 of good athletes so why put another team right into the middle of mutiple teams cachement areas.

The Bears are dead, people need to let them die. If the game is actually going to start moving forward then turning the Perth bid into reality is the best course of action IMO.

Logic says

Perth (TV rights)
Central Queensland (growth area, lots of money and more Queensland derby's)

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Logic says

Central Queensland (growth area, lots of money and more Queensland derby's)

And more players for QLD to choose from for SOO.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=186316.msg312927#msg312927 date=1295823731]

Totally agree Wheel. The thought of adding another team to N.S.W and essentially another Sydney team, beggars belief.
Hopefully the independent commission has a little more foresight but with Gallop in charge I'm not holding my breath.
[/quote]if you go by Zorba a few weeks back,he reckons the Bear wont get in,hope he is right.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4